Breakaway Haven 2 Bedroom Question

cruis247g

We are about to book a 2 bedroom Haven suite on the Breakaway. There is still good availability on the cruise we're considering. Does anyone have any suggestions on a specific cabin (among the 2 bedroom suites)? Do you typically prefer the 15th or 16th deck in the Haven?

Four of us will be travelling together, myself, DH, and two college-aged sons, so no young children during this trip.

Thank you in advance for all help and suggestions.

Deck 16 is better as it it the deck that the Haven is on. All you need to do it go out your cabin and into the Haven pool area.

We sailed last May in the Haven with our daughter and granddaughter. Very nice to be right there. We are sailing Sunday in an aft-haven suite on deck 9. It's a long walk to the Haven this time.

Hope this helps

Monty

We are about to book a 2 bedroom Haven suite on the Breakaway. There is still good availability on the cruise we're considering. Does anyone have any suggestions on a specific cabin (among the 2 bedroom suites)? Do you typically prefer the 15th or 16th deck in the Haven?

Four of us will be travelling together, myself, DH, and two college-aged sons, so no young children during this trip.

Thank you in advance for all help and suggestions.

16th floor is definitely better. Be aware though that 16722 has something weird about it where it's slightly smaller and only sleeps 5. I think the second bedroom is missing one of the beds in that one, either the pullman is absent or the couch pullout is absent.

Thanks Cubechick!

Did anyone hear noise from above? Once we were below a sun deck and the early morning cleaning and moving of deck chairs often woke us.

Is either side better, port or starboard?

I was in a 2 bedroom on deck 16 in October to Bermuda, no noise from above.

Thanks everyone! This is super helpful!!

Great tip about starboard. I was looking at port and will change.

I appreciate the heads up about the cabin that has a second bedroom with only one bed. That's very important to us.

If you're on deck 16, do you ever hear noise from the pool area or is it quiet in the suite? It was quiet in other rooms we've been in, but those were on smaller ships with smaller Havens.

Thanks everyone! This is super helpful!!

Great tip about starboard. I was looking at port and will change.

I appreciate the heads up about the cabin that has a second bedroom with only one bed. That's very important to us.

If you're on deck 16, do you ever hear noise from the pool area or is it quiet in the suite? It was quiet in other rooms we've been in, but those were on smaller ships with smaller Havens.

The soundproofing is pretty good between the courtyard area and the hallway and then you have the door to your room which is pretty thick. I guess if there was a really rowdy group in there, maybe, but it is very quiet, almost like library quiet most of the time in the hallway that leads to the rooms.

Our favorite 2 bedroom haven suite (H4) is 16120. Open your door and straight across is the door to the Haven Lounge. Your college sons will love it. We were on Deck 15 last time and it was okay but much better to be on the same deck with the haven lounge, restaurant and pool area. :)

Our favorite 2 bedroom haven suite (H4) is 16120. Open your door and straight across is the door to the Haven Lounge. Your college sons will love it. We were on Deck 15 last time and it was okay but much better to be on the same deck with the haven lounge, restaurant and pool area. :)

This is the cabin I have booked for my next NCL cruise. I'm so glad someone else liked it.

Thank you! I'll take a look at 16120. I think everyone would like being able to walk across the way into the lounge.

We thought that the wall separating the cabins from the Haven atrium worked very well when we were on the Jade, Gem, etc, but I had read that the Breakaway could get a bit louder in the atrium, so I was wondering what it would be like. Good to know that the noise doesn't affect the cabins:)!

Again, many thanks to everyone for their help!

In March 2017 we were in 13106 on the Breakaway. This is an accessible Haven room. (One in our party uses a power wheelchair.) While 13106 is all the way forward, it's a long walk to the Haven. The Breakaway has two sets of elevators. The elevator labeled "forward" is actually in the center of the ship. The "aft" elevator is half-way between the forward elevator and the stern of the ship.

So leaving 13106 for the Haven meant a walk from the front of the ship to the middle. This walk was problematic for the wheelchair user in the morning and afternoon/evening hours because the hallway is blocked with four or five sets of steward carts. The width of a steward cart is such that it blocks access for anyone in a wheelchair. The stewards tend to leave their carts at the room doorways. The doorways are inset, so a trip down the hallway for the wheelchair user meant having a helper push the cart forward, allowing the wheelchair user to pull in to the door area, then push the cart back, allowing the wheelchair user to pull forward back in to the hallway. We got to know the stewards along this hallway well, when they saw us coming they were quick to help with moving the cart. But it was common for them to be in a room cleaning and not see us coming.

This cruise was our first Haven experience and we loved it. With the help of the Haven concierge, we learned there is one accessible room on deck 16 (#16128). The room was occupied, we did not get a chance to see in the room. The location is wonderful though -- it's on the Haven deck and only one room is between it and end of the hallway. We've booked 16128 for our next cruise. Not only will we be on the Haven deck, there will be no problems for the wheelchair user with steward carts.