Connected cabin lockouts

Hey All!

My family and I (myself, wife and kids 11 and 9) are relatively experienced cruisers. The kids are getting a little older and we booked our next cruise on Anthem of the Seas in August but this time, for the first time, we booked 2 adjoining cabins. What I am is wondering is about the exact arrangement/structure of the lockout. I am thinking we might let the kids sleep in one cabin while we sleep in the other but would like to be able to leave the adjoining doors open in case of any issue. Will the doors stay open? Do they automatically lock when they close? Is there a mechanism in place to keep it open or should we bring something like bungee cords to keep them open in case of rough seas, etc?

Thanks in advance for any input!

The connecting doors can only be locked with a key from the room steward.

Which means you are able to open & close them, but unable to lock them.

Which means they can come in without warning. (you can wedge a chair to keep in shut)

We usually put the kids across the hall in an inside cabin or non-connecting cabin.

Last trip we had non-connecting balcony cabins and had the balcony divider opened.

This was a good arrangement because we can lock the balcony door.....

Edited by matj2000

Not sure of your actual cabin numbers, but notice you said you had booked adjoining cabins. Adjoining cabins are side-by-side. Connecting cabins have an interior door that connects them. This door has to be unlocked by your cabin steward, and stays unlocked. Just wanted to clarify so that you have definitely booked "connecting" cabins, not adjoining.

Not sure of your actual cabin numbers, but notice you said you had booked adjoining cabins. Adjoining cabins are side-by-side. Connecting cabins have an interior door that connects them. This door has to be unlocked by your cabin steward, and stays unlocked. Just wanted to clarify so that you have definitely booked "connecting" cabins, not adjoining.

Yes they are connecting - sorry about he confusion of terminology. Thanks for all of the input!

Yes they are connecting - sorry about he confusion of terminology. Thanks for all of the input!

They would not stay open on their own on our recent Harmony...we just used the door stops that were in our cabins...the doors are heavy...you could also put an extra towel hung over the door too if needed.....It would have been nice if they would have slid...otherwise they were actually in the way for the cabin that they opened into.

we just had connecting cabins on the Jewel. The cabin steward couldnt open it, he had to call for a supervisor. Once opened, they dont lock. You can close both doors if you want - our doors stayed open. because of the bed set up, the door in our room fully opened; in the kids room, with the beds apart, it only could open half way.