Taking a taxi to Chankanaab vs. Booking and Excursion through the Ship?

michelletheB

Has anyone ever just gone to the park and bought a ticket without booking and excursion through the ship? It seems like it would be more cost effective, however, my concern is transportation to and from the park. Has anyone ever done this and what was their experience?

Has anyone ever just gone to the park and bought a ticket without booking and excursion through the ship? It seems like it would be more cost effective, however, my concern is transportation to and from the park. Has anyone ever done this and what was their experience?

Yes and it is very easy and you will get there much sooner than the tour groups. We walked off the ship, grabbed a taxi and purchased tickets at the entrance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Be aware that the Taxi driver will probably try and pre-sell you snorkeling equipment rental or another park service.

Other than telling the driver I didn't need anything else, everything went very smooth and the taxi cost was much cheaper than the cruise excursion price. Also, go to the park website for a discount coupon of about $3.00 per person off the regular price. When we were ready to leave, taxis were waiting to take us back to the port. Very easy!

We have gone to Chankanaab on our own and enjoyed the day.. taxis are plenty full outside the cruise terminal and they are waiting to bring you back from the park as well....Snorkeling is good and you can book animal encounters too! I highly recommended the manatee encounter...we swam with them for 45 mins feeding a mother and its baby... way more animal time then the dolphin encounter.... hope this helps!

We have never gone to this place, we have always done Nacchi Coccom, but since we are traveling with kids we dont need all inclusive with drinks. Can anyone tell me what the beach area is like here and if its easy to walk into without rocks. Thanks.

We have never gone to this place, we have always done Nacchi Coccom, but since we are traveling with kids we dont need all inclusive with drinks. Can anyone tell me what the beach area is like here and if its easy to walk into without rocks. Thanks.

The sand on the beach is very nice, no rocks and the beach is very wide with lots of chairs and umbrellas. However, you do have to go down a few stairs in order to get into the water. Unless I missed it there really isn't a place for little ones to wade around in the water but there is a pool if that works better for you. Note that it has a swim up bar so people will be drinking, however it's mostly families here so nothing too crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I can't comment on Chakanab but the beach is smooth sand and very pretty at Paradise Beach. Also for those who need shade there is plenty between the nice tall thick palm trees and umbrellas closer to the water . We just love Paradise and everyone we recommend it to raves about it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I

Am wondering this same thing...the carnival excursion is $90 but it would be cheaper to taxi and buy a ticket there? Is the carnival excursion and the ticket bought at chakanaab both include the same things to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We dont normally book Cozumel excursions through the ship because we get a better deal doing it on our own and feel safe grabbing a taxi where ever we want to go. I think we are going to do Paradise on our own in June. We feel like the costs are good and we can customize what we want to do.

I

Am wondering this same thing...the carnival excursion is $90 but it would be cheaper to taxi and buy a ticket there? Is the carnival excursion and the ticket bought at chakanaab both include the same things to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Carnival excursion for $90 likely includes food/drinks plus admission and transport. You can do better on your own, or if the sea-life shows and such do not interest you try another beach club that does not charge a $20 admission fee.