Harmony vs Anthem

So I am looking for some guidance. We are a group of 15 - 20 (exact group varies a little each time), that cruise every other year. We vary in age from teens to retirees, but the bulk of us are in our 30's/40's. We have done the Allure Western Caribbean in 2012 (my husband and I got married on this cruise and it started the trend for the group), the Oasis Eastern Caribbean in 2014 and the Freedom Western Caribbean in 2016. We are some long time cruisers (for example... my husband and I are Emerald with Royal) and some are first time cruisers each time. We live all up and down the East Coast and throughout the Midwest.

I have started our planning for our 2018 adventure as I generally the one that puts the plan for the trips together. I have come to a fork in the road and need some intel.

I have narrowed our choice down to two cruises. The first is an 8 night on Harmony of the Seas to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, San Juan and Labadee from 11/10/18 - 11/18/18. The second is a 7 night on Anthem of the Seas to Bermuda from 11/10/18 - 11/17/18.

We know we love the Oasis class, but none of us have done the Quantum class yet and would like to try it. At the same time, most of us have not been to St. Kitts and San Juan or Bermuda.

Any thoughts, recommendations or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by rjwinneberger

We have done the Allure Western Caribbean in 2012, the Oasis Eastern Caribbean in 2014 and the Freedom Western Caribbean in 2016.

We are some long time cruisers

We live all up and down the East Coast and throughout the Midwest.

In my humble opinion, Anthem (in consideration of your previous experience, location of guests, interest in Bermuda, etc)

The first is an 8 night on Harmony of the Seas to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, San Juan and Labadee from 11/10/18 - 11/18/18. The second is a 7 night on Anthem of the Seas to Bermuda from 11/10/18 - 11/17/18.

Tough call.... new experience vs. slightly better itinerary and extra day. Are prices equal?

If you were to offer the Anthem 11 night itinerary (Nov 25 or Dec 10) to Antigua, St Kitts, St Marten, etc.... this would be an absolute no brainer for me... it would be Anthem all the way. Can you change your vacation time to that later week?

Tough call.... new experience vs. slightly better itinerary and extra day. Are prices equal?

If you were to offer the Anthem 11 night itinerary (Nov 25 or Dec 10) to Antigua, St Kitts, St Marten, etc.... this would be an absolute no brainer for me... it would be Anthem all the way. Can you change your vacation time to that later week?

Prices are comparable. Harmony costs a little more, but that is to be expected with the extra day. Unfortunately 11 nights isn't really doable for most of the group as it is a little long. Tho I agree that it would be an amazing trip if we could do it.

Considering where you live, you can drive to Cape Liberty so the Anthem might be better. We have been in Bermuda in late November and it was cool but pleasant. Also in late October and had beach weather. No way to predict. We haven't been on the Oasis class and not sure we want that. We have been on the Quantum in in 2015 and loved it and will sail the Anthem this January.

I've sailed from Cape Liberty many many times. I would not go to Bermuda in Nov. I've also sailed Harmony. It's 8 days with good ports and reasonable port times. For a group it's good balance between enjoying the ship as a destination and enjoying a variety of ports.

Prices are comparable. Harmony costs a little more, but that is to be expected with the extra day. Unfortunately 11 nights isn't really doable for most of the group as it is a little long. Tho I agree that it would be an amazing trip if we could do it.
Bermuda will most likely not be a good beach port in November, plenty of other things to do but keep in mind the beach may not be one of them.

Then Harmony is the choice imo.

An extra day vacation, not much more $ for a superior itinerary

Thanks for the feedback everyone! It has really helped. None of us had thought about the weather thing. We think cruise and default to tropical in our brains (even though Bermuda in November isn't really tropical). :)

Based on this we are leaning towards the Harmony. We have done her sisters and some of the ports, but in the end relaxing beach weather is what we are all aiming for so she just seems more of a fit for us this time.

Hope that maybe we will see some of you out on the Harmony with us in November of 2018!:)

If you are only going to Bermuda you will have very cool non beach weather as Bermuda is best in the Summer month. Water was freezing last year in early June. Harming is better for the itinerary. Loved Anthem. Sailing soon on her again.