Pool floaties?

MMW37

We'll be cruising on the Triumph on Sat, and it will be our first with kids. We're driving to port so can bring whatever with. My older one can swim but isn't confident, and younger can't yet. They're used to the Puddle Jumper floaties. Is anything available on the ship for kids to use, or should be bring our own? Are they allowed if we do? Thanks!!

To offer an additional layer of safety, all ships in the Carnival fleet provide complimentary swim life vests for use in ship pools. Life vests for children of various sizes as well as adult sizes are available and on display near the main midship pool. Guests can take them and replace them during the day, as they wish. Life vests cannot be worn in WaterWorks or on the slides and cannot be taken ashore.

To offer an additional layer of safety, all ships in the Carnival fleet provide complimentary swim life vests for use in ship pools. Life vests for children of various sizes as well as adult sizes are available and on display near the main midship pool.

are you sure about this? In all of my cruising history, i never seen any kind of life vest or other pool things for use.

The ship does have life vests, but that is only to be used in extreme situations like if you jump overboard or the ship is sinking.

are you sure about this? In all of my cruising history, i never seen any kind of life vest or other pool things for use.

The ship does have life vests, but that is only to be used in extreme situations like if you jump overboard or the ship is sinking.

Straight from the CCL website....https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1199

They do offer pool life vests on board-started about a year ago. I saw a few people using them, though we always bring Puddle Jumpers anyway because then we can also use them in port.

I took a photo of the life vest stand, but can't seem to get into my Photobucket.

Here is a random blog I found online with several photos of kids wearing the vests. They come in all sizes, a 2 year old we traveled with fit in one just fine.

http://www.blogandiamo.com/2016/10/our-days-at-sea-afternoons.html

Edited by Lerin
added link

Yes, it's true--there are life vests for the pool.

I've taken two Carnival cruises in the past 8 months on two different ships. Both of them had racks of life vests beside the main pool for guests.

Wasn't it somewhat recently (in the past year or so) that a child drowned on a Carnival ship? I don't recall seeing this either but I haven't cruised in almost a year. Perhaps they have implemented this to help avoid more drownings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, they had them on the Conquest as well. To answer your question about if you are allowed to bring your own flotation device...yes you can. Its great that they offer the life vests but my son is used to his puddle jumper and since I had to bring it for him anyway for the ports, he wore it in the pools onboard with no problem.

Wasn't it somewhat recently (in the past year or so) that a child drowned on a Carnival ship? I don't recall seeing this either but I haven't cruised in almost a year. Perhaps they have implemented this to help avoid more drownings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure about Carnival, but Disney has had a couple and I recall 1 on RC as well. The life vests are a good addition to any line.

Anyone know if they are on the Ecstacy? I did NOT see them on the Fascination this past December (maybe I missed them??). My son will be a newbie swimmer and while tall (he is 4'6") he is only 7 and I can't find a swim aide thats big enough for him. I'm seriously considering getting him a straight up life jacket since we're driving down.

OP here, thanks for all the great responses! We'll probably bring one Puddle Jumper along, and have the life jackets for a backup if my older boy wants one sometimes too. Should work for us!