Mesh over hot tubs on the NCL Sun

Griff61

Hi All

I have been looking at some pictures of the NCL Sun, which I am on in September, and I am noticing some mesh secured over the 4 hot tubs on the pool deck. By the shadows of the people on the deck it is definitely mid to early afternoon.

Does anyone know why this would be? I would think that they would do any PH balancing at a better time of the day.

Just curious if anyone has seen this while cruising.

TIA

Hi All

I have been looking at some pictures of the NCL Sun, which I am on in September, and I am noticing some mesh secured over the 4 hot tubs on the pool deck. By the shadows of the people on the deck it is definitely mid to early afternoon.

Does anyone know why this would be? I would think that they would do any PH balancing at a better time of the day.

Just curious if anyone has seen this while cruising.

TIA

I never saw it....but it is possible that they had to add chemicals and needed to keep people out of them for a few hours.

If multiple pools the most likely scenario is the monitoring system reported something with the PH or other levels and they needed to be secured until adjusted...

Also, could be turnaround day, when they get some extra cleaning and sometimes a shock while people are boarding, etc...

pH and chlorine levels are monitored and maintained on a continuous, real time basis, 24/7. As the water is recirculated in the hot tub, it passes pH and chlorine sensors, and these sensors drive dosing pumps to maintain the proper water chemistry. More likely is an "accidental discharge" by a passenger, or something was dropped in the tub and they need to drain it and find it. I remember when someone brought a glass (not plastic) into a tub and dropped it, and didn't tell anyone. It had broken, and a young man stepped down onto it and required 16 stitches in his foot.

Super chlorination and cleaning take place in the wee hours of the night.

Sometimes the pools and tubs are secured because of weather.