Emigrating on the QM2 (4th August) some questions...

Norfolknights

Norfolk: You are getting some great advice here from some of the regulars. I can add my 2 cents (two pence?) worth...First, chill. You will fit in very well. You clearly have made the commitment to "scrub up" so the formal nights will not be a problem for you. And we wish we were on your crossing as you seem to be the type of folks we love to meet! I too am a gym rat and go to the fitness center each day while on the QM2 and find it quite good...It won't be like home, but there are lots of aerobic equipment, weights, and some stretching areas. I always wear my work out gear while walking down the corridors from my stateroom to the fitness center and have never encountered any attitude. But most of all...good luck in your courageous adventure in moving abroad. Tonight we had dinner in London with 2 friends from California who have made the move in the opposite direction and we are in awe of their courage. I hope you find the USA very welcoming.

As a frequent cruiser from Germany and the US (California), my husband and I have taken all three Queens as well as Disney, Princess, Cunard, and Crystal across the Atlantic. We have never had any issues with other passengers or dinner table mates. If a couple of old queens have not had problems, the two of you will be fine. And at 53 I still wear speedos.

Honestly, the worst thing on Cunard is the bland British food. I wish we were there on your crossing. But, alas, we are doing the late May crossing to NY.

Norfolknights.

Please don't worry - the ship is big enough and there are enough passengers aboard for you to find soul mates. Certainly there will be an element who will look down their noses, there always is, but as long as you stick to the post 6pm dress code ( probably the most important ' must do'), I am sure that you your wife and the pup will have a wonderful crossing. I have always thought that a transatlantic on the QM2 is a travel experience rather than a cruise. Just be yourselves and enjoy it! It's a much better way to cross the Atlantic than an overcrowded plane. We done it twice and I can't to do it again!!!!

Bon voyage!