Spa. Save more in advance or on board?

LucyB.

I'm contemplating treating myself to a spa treatment, maybe a facial or massage. I know they're cheaper on port days, bc I've looked.

Are the rates even lower if I wait to book on board? I'm not set on time or particular service. We're not planning to be off the ship too long in Nassau.

Thanks!

My impression is that the pre-booked appointments cost more....but you absolutely get what you want, when you want. They even cost more at certain times of day and, of course, on Sea Days.

Onboard, there are often some very well-priced "3 for $XX" specials. I have not noticed those when pre-booking. Yes, pre-booking gives you 30% off each when you choose three, but those are longer and pricier treatments/indulgences. The on-ship "3 for $XX" seem like the best deal.

Despite that, I pre-booked a splurge for my upcoming birthday with the 75 min. ginger and lime massage. Happy Birthday to me! :D

So over priced on a ship. Just get one the day before or the day after. $130 on the ship $45 at home. I did find places in Mexico for $30 an hour on the beach. Was awesome. Might be hard to find when the ship is in Port.

Thanks for the info & tips! Since I'm not set on a particular "treatment" or time. I'll wait & see until we get the fun times. I know I can get a massage at home, but it's the vacation aspect & doing something I don't normally do at home. Maybe I'll win some $ on the slots to cover it. A girl can hope, right? Lol.

I've priced everything from a couples massage to an updo on elegant night. We aren't sailing until Oct. Guess I've got too much time (& a credit card) on hand, teehee.

Prices on board the ship are similar to prices at hotels around the country.

I have found that the port day specials are really the best pricing you will find.

It is nice to treat yourself to something while on vacation!!

We booked ahead with the 30% just because it's our 10 year and we wanted a couples massage already planned and out of the way. I do have planned however to wait until we are on board to book some other treatments.

Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our tenth, in Feb. I asked him if he'd like a couples massage. He said no. I asked this question, here, bc I was thinking of surprising him. Glad I didn't book it already.

We ARE planning to renew our vows at Half Moon Cay. On our own, towards the end of the day there. I AM going to surprise him w a White adjacent lace dress & flower crown for the occasion. I priced through the ship, too much for my budget. Our son can take pictures w my Nikon during the 5 mins renewing.