Impressed with Haven pre-cruise requests

andymattmom

We sail in the Haven on the Escape on May 20. I sent my pre-cruise email requests on Tuesday afternoon, by Wednesday morning I had a very nice acknowledgment email. I changed a couple things and they replied Wednesday afternoon. I've read reports where people say they don't get a response. I was very impressed!

We sail in the Haven on the Escape on May 20. I sent my pre-cruise email requests on Tuesday afternoon, by Wednesday morning I had a very nice acknowledgment email. I changed a couple things and they replied Wednesday afternoon. I've read reports where people say they don't get a response. I was very impressed!

We have always gotten a good response from the pre-concierge. It's hit or miss whether your requests will be there when you embark on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have always gotten a good response from the pre-concierge. It's hit or miss whether your requests will be there when you embark on the ship.

Exactly this. Responses for having the request entered into the system is one thing, actually getting the requests completed is another.

It is not that people don't get a response from shoreside concierge, it is a matter of those requests actually being done when you board as others have said.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree with previous posters.........the requests are acknowledged shoreside but sometimes the execution of the requests falls short on the ship. You may want to do what I do - I make requests with pre-concierge via e-mail. I then copy those requests into a spreadsheet that I build; itinerary, booked shore excursions, booked specialty reservations and pre-concierge requests. I take 3 copies with me on the ship (our copy, a copy for the concierge with a request that he/she confirm all existing reservations and a copy for the butler). We've been doing this for years now and it always works well for us! The butler likes knowing that we are expecting from him/her, our snack preferences, etc.

I emailed them and requested a change in dinner reservations (we could only get Cagney's at 9:30 and didn't want to wait to get onboard to request this) and emptying the mini bar. I also wanted to verify that we get two bottles of sparkling wine (1 for Haven and 1 for Latitudes level). Hopefully we'll get a response soon

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Agree with previous posters.........the requests are acknowledged shoreside but sometimes the execution of the requests falls short on the ship. You may want to do what I do - I make requests with pre-concierge via e-mail. I then copy those requests into a spreadsheet that I build; itinerary, booked shore excursions, booked specialty reservations and pre-concierge requests. I take 3 copies with me on the ship (our copy, a copy for the concierge with a request that he/she confirm all existing reservations and a copy for the butler). We've been doing this for years now and it always works well for us! The butler likes knowing that we are expecting from him/her, our snack preferences, etc.

This is a very good idea. I'm new to this level of cruising, and good tips like this are very helpful. Thank you.

• 7 months later...
What kind of requests do you make in advance? I have booked our first Haven suite and want to make sure I take advantage of every possible perk!
On my recent cruise, I requested that the fridge be emptied and that I have a pitcher of iced tea and ice water daily. When I got to my suite, the fridge was emptied and there were the two pitchers I asked for in there.