2 Horseshoe Bay questions (minibus & path)

LrgPizza

1. Does anyone know how early the minibuses begin running to the beach? We are morning people. If we left the ship around 8AM, would we be able to easily take a minibus to Horseshoe Bay?

2. If we walk the beach path from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick Bay, would we be able to catch a minibus from Warwick Bay back to the port, or would we have to return to Horseshoe Bay, or find other transportation?

We are traveling Breakaway to Bermuda, visiting 6/7 to 6/9/. This is our first visit to Bermuda.

The min bus usually wait until it is almost filled. If there are other early starters, it shouldn't be a problem. To be on the safe side, you could prearrange a taxi for the morning you want to go.

The advantage of taking a taxi would be that you could go to Warwick Beach first, and then walk the beach path to Horseshoe Bay where min buses would be waiting to take you back to the Dockyard.

There are normally no mini buses waiting at Warwick Beach. You could walk up to South Road from the beach, and catch a route #7 outbound bus back to the Dockyard. Make sure you have the correct fare before boarding, and you've covered your bathing suit.

SBtS

Edited by SailBadtheSinner
speling

Thanks for the quick reply! Is the walk from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick Bay lengthy or difficult? I'm having trouble gauging on the map. Is the walk along the water the entire way? Anything 30 minutes or so isn't a concern for us, so we'd merely return to Horseshoe Bay. After that, my teen becomes increasingly whiny since it's his job to moan and groan.

Thanks for the quick reply! Is the walk from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick Bay lengthy or difficult? I'm having trouble gauging on the map. Is the walk along the water the entire way? Anything 30 minutes or so isn't a concern for us, so we'd merely return to Horseshoe Bay. After that, my teen becomes increasingly whiny since it's his job to moan and groan.

It is neither; straight line distance from the northeast end of one beach to the southwest end of the other beach is about ½ mile but you won't be walking a straight line. Part of the way can be done in the water but the other parts are paths back from the beach.

I'm assuming you won't be stopping at each cove beach to swim. The walking time is 30-40 minutes.

There is a satellite photo of the paths here.

SBtS

It is neither; straight line distance from the northeast end of one beach to the southwest end of the other beach is about ½ mile but you won't be walking a straight line. Part of the way can be done in the water but the other parts are paths back from the beach.

I'm assuming you won't be stopping at each cove beach to swim. The walking time is 30-40 minutes.

There is a satellite photo of the paths here.

SBtS

Perfect. Thank you for the information.