Juneau glacier tour (huskies, helicopter) - Private booking

LSWRArt

Has anyone booked a glacier helicopter and husky sled tour on the glacier direct with an operator in Juneau?

It is a cheaper than booking through the cruise company.

The question we have is that booking for 2018 does not come on to their systems until October. We know these tours get booked up early and we do not want to risk not being able to do this, as it will be one of the highlights of our holiday.

Has anyone booked this excursion direct with the Juneau tour operators late the previous year and did you have any problems finding a place on the day / time you wanted?

Thanks, Art

Golden Princess Alaska - June 2018

There are multiple vendors who offer this. It is NOT that difficult to get a reservation, and no, you won't have to hit the book button at the stroke of midnight when the reservations are available.

With it such a priority for you, you would be advised to book this at your first opportunity then know, who else and where later possibilities are going to be. Then have all this information known in advance. It isn't going to be as urgent as maybe you think. I'm seeing space for bookings with my dates for next month, as example.

I booked with Coastal Helicopters early December for my cruise at the beginning of August and they had spaces (I booked for two). I found booking with them cheaper than going through HAL, with the added bonus of an extra stop on the glacier for a short look around. They pick you up from the port and return you back after about three and a half hours.