Mozart Ceilings and Showers Too Low?

Exec Libra

As a vertically-enhanced person I'm told by a friend who was on Mozart recently that my 6'5" frame may come close to touching the ceiling and may not fit inside the shower. Spoke with onboard guest services who advised stateroom ceiling height is about 6'6" and the showers are 6'1" to 6'2".

Any feedback from tall folks would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Chuck-

As a vertically-enhanced person I'm told by a friend who was on Mozart recently that my 6'5" frame may come close to touching the ceiling and may not fit inside the shower. Spoke with onboard guest services who advised stateroom ceiling height is about 6'6" and the showers are 6'1" to 6'2".

Any feedback from tall folks would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Chuck-

Chuck,

If you are ok with the showers on the ocean ships you should be fine with the ones on the Mozart. Even though they are lower than average, when I was onboard last September I don't recall anyone commenting on the ceiling heights or notice anyone walking around stooped over!!! On the plus side, the beds are absolutely huge so you'll have no problem with those!!!

Anne...

I am vertically challenged at 5'2" so do not share your issue.

The shower head is not placed extra low but is not placed extra high as well.

It should be no different to what you experience at many chain hotels.

The shower head is place slightly lower than on the Symphony or Serenity. Not by much, maybe an inch or two at most. I say this as, even with my height, I did realise the shower head was a bit closer to me.

I am on the Mozart now, and I stepped into the shower stall with an 8-1/2" x 11" paper in hand. I am 5'-6" tall, and there was room to spare when I put the 8-1/2" paper above my head. When I rotated the paper the other way, there was an interference of about 1.5". Thus the ceiling height in the shower is about 6'-3-1/2". There is a rain head nozzle and also shower wand that can be angled or oriented manually.

Some slouching would be required for someone 6'-5" tall.

I am on the Mozart now, and I stepped into the shower stall with an 8-1/2" x 11" paper in hand. I am 5'-6" tall, and there was room to spare when I put the 8-1/2" paper above my head. When I rotated the paper the other way, there was an interference of about 1.5". Thus the ceiling height in the shower is about 6'-3-1/2". There is a rain head nozzle and also shower wand that can be angled or oriented manually.

Some slouching would be required for someone 6'-5" tall.

Rhonda,

You are an engineer, aren't you?? Great solution! :D

Don't you love the Mozart? :)

Patty

Rhonda,

You are an engineer, aren't you?? Great solution! :D

Don't you love the Mozart? :)

Patty

Hi, Patty,

Yes, I love the Mozart and its crew! :) The service and food are the best! Neil Fullerton is a hoot! All is well - even with a few raindrops today.

Sorry we missed you by a few weeks.

Rhonda

To add to the descriptions and measurements, here are a couple of photos I took of the shower when I was onboard the Mozart last September...

7fd38853de4bec78bc597dc739d9544e.jpg

714340a120bd43d7934609d9f25db207.jpg

Anne...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk