Curtain Separator Help

KillaFee

We'll be on the Breakaway next week (whohooooo!!) and we're booked in a family mini suite balcony cabin and will be traveling with our 20 month old toddler. I recall on RCCL cruises there were generally curtains separating the bed area from the "living room" area but I see that these don't exist on NCL cabins.

The thing is, our kid is a creature of habit, which is AWESOME because she sleeps from 7pm - 7am, giving us plenty of time to enjoy our adult time relaxing on the balcony, watching tv in the bed, etc....

I've read that some people pack magnetic hooks and a shower curtain and to create a separate space?? Basically we just want to be able to still hang out in our room and the balcony while she sleeps and I don't want to bring a bunch of extra stuff if I don't need to but if this is a "thing" that people do.....how many hooks are we talking? Any photos of a successful division of rooms? I guess I'm just having trouble visualizing this curtain thing working and don't want to pack a bunch of stuff if it's not going to work.

Thanks!

Laura

The curtains are on a trolly track imbedded in the ceiling and usually hidden behind the balcony curtains.

Look behind the balcony curtain and find the cabin separation curtains then follow the ceiling track as where

they go - these a pulled out manually and deployed - the cabin steward can show how they function.

These partially cover the main bedroom from the convertible couch area sort of like thin fabric shower

curtains - not much sound suppression.

In suites there are bi-fold panels that come out of a bulkhead wall and travel on tracks in the floor - OUCH

watch your feet - while the tracks are not sharp and do not cut they will leave you with words not appropriate

for Funk & Wagnels ! Suggestion for moving about in the dark of night place a bath towel across these tracks

at places you are likely to step then it won't be so bad - passage or the language I don't know which ! LOL !

Are you sure there are no curtains? I have never been on this ship but have been on 3 or 4 other Norwegian ships, in suites, and they all had curtain separators.

Mini suites on the Dawn and Jewel class ships have a curtain to separate couch from bed areas, but the newer ships do not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The curtains are on a trolly track imbedded in the ceiling and usually hidden behind the balcony curtains.

Look behind the balcony curtain and find the cabin separation curtains then follow the ceiling track as where

they go - these a pulled out manually and deployed - the cabin steward can show how they function.

These partially cover the main bedroom from the convertible couch area sort of like thin fabric shower

curtains - not much sound suppression.

In suites there are bi-fold panels that come out of a bulkhead wall and travel on tracks in the floor - OUCH

watch your feet - while the tracks are not sharp and do not cut they will leave you with words not appropriate

for Funk & Wagnels ! Suggestion for moving about in the dark of night place a bath towel across these tracks

at places you are likely to step then it won't be so bad - passage or the language I don't know which ! LOL !

There are NO separating curtains on the Breakaway. It's a shame and I don't understand why they didn't put them in there....at least in the "family suites".

Not to sound cold or anything but could would the crib fit in the closet then a simple sheet over the front and you would be all set I think the closet looks pretty large?
That might be a good idea if the closet was huge and deep enough....it's not. And of course I am sure they don't want to traumatize their baby by sticking it in a closet....I'm sure you meant well. LOL Maybe after the baby goes to sleep they can lay a light sheet over the crib....

Take a look at this Celebrity thread. It may work for you. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2479488&highlight=curtain

We used to do this at the WDW Value hotels, we separate the sink area from the room area. Works like a charm. Someone can shower, someone can get dressed behind the curtain and the others watch TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used to do this at the WDW Value hotels, we separate the sink area from the room area. Works like a charm. Someone can shower, someone can get dressed behind the curtain and the others watch TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you, everyone, for your replies!!!!!!

Laura

There are NO separating curtains on the Breakaway. It's a shame and I don't understand why they didn't put them in there....at least in the "family suites".

So bizarre!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even when I've cruised with my mom in the past we've used the curtain on a nightly basis. So strange that they'd make a cabin without them.

Not to sound cold or anything but could would the crib fit in the closet then a simple sheet over the front and you would be all set I think the closet looks pretty large?

There are some Princess ships where this works really well, but I haven't found an NCL cabin it would work well in yet.