Just returned from first Princess cruise on Caribbean Princess

Coffeeluvr05

{Snipped}

As far as the negatives, the buffet stands out. Inedible in our opinion. My husband loves buffets and couldn't eat the food. It was also barely warm food. We completely stayed away from the buffet and did not feel like we were missing out. There was a bit of a lack of attention to detail. There were dirty handprints from workers on the ceiling in our suite and it looked like there were many trips worth of hand smudged on all of the drawers and closets. Kind of gross and surprising since they seem so concerned about spreading stuff on the ship. The towels in our suite seemed worn out and very very rough. We got "regular" towels on the last night which were a lot softer, just not as large.

Each of these complaints, I hope, were brought to the attention of the F&B M; the Maitre d', the Restaurant Manager; the Housekeeping Manager, each where applicable, at the time they happened. If not, how else could they have been put right? They are not ogres but are glad to have any feedback, negative or positive. They will see that your complaints are dealt with. Be polite but forceful; under no circumstances "lose your rag". and you may be surprised at the outcome(s)

There could be several problems with your Plan B.

You would need to get written permission from Princess in advance to disembark in South Queensferry. You would not know about Le Havre far enough in advance to request permission. You would want to request permission for either South Queensferry or Le Havre with permission to make up your mind on the cruise before arriving in South Queensferry. You can ask, but I don't know if they will do that. They may need to tell the immigration and customs people who is disembarking where in advance.

South Queensferry is two days before Le Havre. You may not know for sure whether the ship will dock in Le Havre until after it's too late to leave in South Queenferry.

South Queensferry is a tender port. It could be a problem disembarking with all of your luggage in South Queensferry.

If you go to Zeebrugge instead of Le Havre (and you had permission to disembark in Le Havre), you could request to disembark in Zeebrugge. You could then take the train from Zeebrugge to France.

You may have to disembark in Southampton and take the train to France if you have a sea day instead of Le Havre or if they can't get you permission to disembark in Zeebrugge when they change the itinerary.

Thanks for you input. We already have permission to debark in Le Havre. Princess will let us change debark port, but it must be requested a week prior to 25th. With too many "IFs" unknowns - we'll need to go with the flow and stick to plan A and hope for the best.

We had also been advised that prior notice and approval was required to disembark at any location other than Southampton. However, no need to belabor something like that.

I found news on Google that the strike had been settled and apparently only affected a "single " period of time and about 3 cruise ships. These were French pages.

We have stayed with the plan of disembarking at Leharve, since we have train tickets etc from there. And hopefully no problems;p

I talked with Princess 3 times and never got any info from them. Take my info with a grain of salt, as I have no verification other than the search engines and their results.

Each of these complaints, I hope, were brought to the attention of the F&B M; the Maitre d', the Restaurant Manager; the Housekeeping Manager, each where applicable, at the time they happened. If not, how else could they have been put right? They are not ogres but are glad to have any feedback, negative or positive. They will see that your complaints are dealt with. Be polite but forceful; under no circumstances "lose your rag". and you may be surprised at the outcome(s)

My 2 cents

I was on the same cruise , and did in fact encountered the Hotel Manager and the F&B Manager in their full formal uniforms one evening standing in the Market Place seemingly admiring the new concept and when I politely approached them about the absolute food disaster in front of them and even offered to show the photo's I had taken starting on embarkation day and every night after, they basicly rolled their eyes and condescendingly dismissing my comments on what was right in front them to see for them self's

So to answer your question no NO ONE onboard could of care less about any reports or comments from any of the passengers.

IMO , Like many of the recent questionable decisions Princess has made regarding dinning venues across the fleet, they appear to once again to be doubling down on their mistake, and this HORRIBLE concept and the inedible food that accompanying it

On the hand, if you like Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich's for diner, you may like the Market Place

Srpilo

My 2 cents

I was on the same cruise , and did in fact encountered the Hotel Manager and the F&B Manager in their full formal uniforms one evening standing in the Market Place seemingly admiring the new concept and when I politely approached them about the absolute food disaster in front of them and even offered to show the photo's I had taken starting on embarkation day and every night after, they basicly rolled their eyes and condescendingly dismissing my comments on what was right in front them to see for them self's

So to answer your question no NO ONE onboard could of care less about any reports or comments from any of the passengers.

Then I would certainly hope that the comments you made to those 2 gentlemen were repeated, along with their reaction to your comments were (or will be) passed along either via the after-cruise survey or a polite letter to the company. If their reaction is reported to the company frequently enough, they may certainly find themselves in another job and/or with another company much sooner than they expected.

Tom

Upgrade you complaints in writing to the company, both in an email and in a letter. And keep sending emails till you get a name and phone number as well. We are on the same boat and want things like that sorted before we have to put up with it too.

Then I would certainly hope that the comments you made to those 2 gentlemen were repeated, along with their reaction to your comments were (or will be) passed along either via the after-cruise survey or a polite letter to the company. If their reaction is reported to the company frequently enough, they may certainly find themselves in another job and/or with another company much sooner than they expected.

Tom

we experienced this lack of concern on our LAST (very last)HAL cruise. No one cared and no one did a thing. A few letters of complaint is not going to change cutbacks already in place food-wise. I miss the days when the dining rooms your only choice. :(

we experienced this lack of concern on our LAST (very last)HAL cruise. No one cared and no one did a thing. A few letters of complaint is not going to change cutbacks already in place food-wise. I miss the days when the dining rooms your only choice. :(

A few letters won't, that's true, because if only a few write it won't be perceived as a big problem. But, if you fail to express your feelings on the subject clearly and calmly, then you become, in effect, part of the problem.

Tom

We will be cruising on this ship in August. What nights were your formal nights? I know there are 2 for the 12 day cruise. I called Princess and they said they did not have this info and we would find out when we board. We have always found out before we cruised on what nights are formal nights.

We will be cruising on this ship in August. What nights were your formal nights? I know there are 2 for the 12 day cruise. I called Princess and they said they did not have this info and we would find out when we board. We have always found out before we cruised on what nights are formal nights.

I'm boarding next month. If they follow the same pattern as last year, the formal nights will be the 2nd night (when you leave port at 2 p.m.) and the first sea day.

I'm boarding next month. If they follow the same pattern as last year, the formal nights will be the 2nd night (when you leave port at 2 p.m.) and the first sea day.

That sounds very logical especially as days 3-6 have quite late departures.

Ours was similar, but the second one was on the last sea day.

Ours was similar, but the second one was on the last sea day.

That is also a possibility for us, we have only 2 sea days out of 12, the 7th and 11th.