Concert in Miami this weekend

pawmtweez

There will certainly be road closures Friday, Saturday and Sunday downtown.

But there should be no issue getting in and out of the port through the tunnel to I-395.

Are you embarking or disembarking? Headed to/from the airport, a hotel. or somewhere else?

In the morning I doubt there will be Uber surge pricing for pick ups from the port. Going to the port on Saturday or Sunday remains a possibility though.

40,000 tickets were sold and the park's director resigned over the fallout from his not getting approval for the concert but it is going on.

Our building hasn't sent us info on the street closures yet but I can post them when we get it.

There may be surge pricing which there was during Ultra. Many that go will park in surrounding areas and take the metromover. Ultra is so much bigger with 155,000 people going so it won't be as bad downtown for this.

I live in downtown, and while its going to be a big concert, it won't be like Ultra size, at least that is the way it seems. Where are you coming from? Directly from the airport to the port? If so, traffic won't be bad as you never need to get off the highway.

Yea, well Brickell won't be too bad, maybe a little worse traffic. Though Brickell tomorrow night gets very busy with Cinco De Mayo. We got an email saying there will be no road closures other than when the concert is ending to let people leave safely.

Uber prices might go up but you could always take a taxi if the Uber price surges too much. Instead of giving yourself 10mins to get to the port give yourself 25mins to be on the safe side.

From Brickell, the safer way to avoid traffic might be to take 95 to 395. An Uber will use the quickest route, if you take a cab maybe ask them to do that.

We are staying in the Brickell area tonight.

Cinco de Mayo won't tie up the Brickell area tomorrow until they close off the street in front of Mary Brickell village in the late afternoon.

There shouldn't be an Uber surge pricing tomorrow morning when you are heading to the port unless you go during rush hour. You should be fine heading to the port.

We took Uber to the port just 2 weeks ago from Brickell Ave. I actually had the uber driver take the tunnel and 395 to 95 and through the tunnel on the way back home and the cost was only 25 cents more than when going there via Brickell ave/Biscayne blvd. In all fairness it was a Sunday both days so traffic was minimal.

We are staying in the Brickell area tonight.

Y'know it would have been just a wee bit helpful if this information had been shared sooner than your fifth post on this thread. Would have saved all the unnecessary speculation above that you would be entering the port through the tunnel rather than the downtown streets, possibly because you were coming from the airport (or any other neighborhood).

...though if street traffic is jammed up your driver could take I-95 north from one of the entrances near Brickell, to I-395 then through the tunnel. Will use more gas but may be faster--which is of no consequence to an Uber passenger as the fare is pre-determined.