Regional Jet along the way to Hawaii-carry on

Bos2017

I am flying a regional Embraer Jet 175 to Chicago and then a larger plane to Hawaii. Could 19 and 20 inch rolling suitcases fit as carry on? If they are gate checked ,where do I retrieve them? Would the suitcases be gate checked to Hawaii?

thanks!

:D

I am flying a regional Embraer Jet 175 to Chicago and then a larger plane to Hawaii. Could 19 and 20 inch rolling suitcases fit as carry on? If they are gate checked ,where do I retrieve them? Would the suitcases be gate checked to Hawaii?

thanks!

Why not just take a minute and call the airline and ask?

On Embraers, based on my experience, you gate-check your rolling bags (storage space in the cabin is pretty minimal), and then you just wait after you deplane, and retrieve your bags from the jetway as they unload before heading to your connecting flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just called United and the information is clearer if you call. Yes, roller boards fit inside Embraer 175.There are no food restriction's right now so a reasonable amt of food, sandwiches can be brought on as well. I waited 10 minutes and the information was worth the wait.

thanks!

They will likely be gate checked, over head space is really limited. You will need to check with the airline as to whether they will be available for you plane side or checked all the way through. I suspect that you will be able to get them plane side, but O'Hare may be different.

They will likely be gate checked, over head space is really limited. You will need to check with the airline as to whether they will be available for you plane side or checked all the way through. I suspect that you will be able to get them plane side, but O'Hare may be different.

I called United and my plane can accommodate roller boards . I waited 10 minutes to speak with an agent.The agent looked up my reservation and took a look at what plane is being used. There are different configuration's of Embraer 175's, and I am all set. Thanks!

Just because the plane can accommodate roll aboards, does not mean that there is enough space to handle all of them that people want to bring. I have been on those planes and about have of the roll aboards are too big to fit. Make sure you take a very small one, not the biggest allowable.

I'm thinking of wiring my house for internet ..... would cat 5 or cat 6 cables be better for my needs?

Cat 6. Cat 7 is too expensive, and 10 GB rating should be fine if you have to run wired (security cameras, etc). Consider a supplemental wireless network, though, for tablets and such.

;P