My Time Dining, Party of 16

We are taking the ENTIRE family on Freedom next year. First cruise for 12 of them! :)

Anyone have any experience using My Time Dining with a large group? It appears that I can't book a reservation for more than 10 online.

Thank you for any wisdom you can impart.

Several years ago did family reunion cruise on Mariner. There were 16 of us (2 tables) in early traditional dining. Everything went fine.

But .....

Two years ago on 9 night Liberty sailing was part of group of 23 assigned to mtd. Group leader believed she had made arrangements, but not according to Royal. After first night confusion trying to get us all seated together she negotiated for same three tables and wait staff at 8pm for remainder of cruise. Unfortunately each night, there were different parties ahead of us at those tables with varying reservation times. Royal refused to seat any of us until all three tables had been cleared and reset so we were usually waiting in lobby until at least 8:30. Service generally took over two hours as waiter struggled to coordinate meals for so large a group. As a result by the time our coffee arrived we were usually the only ones left in mdr with house lights on and cleanup well underway. Not a lot of fun.

Switch to fixed if you can. It's better for both you and mdr staff who manage table assignments.