Random Allure questions

We are going on our third Royal cruise, the first was Freedom, the second on Allure in 2012 and this Allure cruise next month, June. So, what things do I need to know, What night is formal night, what things have changed. We are still Gold. Do they still give coupon books? We are staying in a Jr. Suite (a first, we usually stay in ocean view balcony rooms). I know there aren't many perks for this vs. a "real" suite, but it will be nice to have more room.I booked dinner at Giovanni's for the second night, one night will be Coastal Kitchen and the rest of the meals we are planning to eat in the MDR. I chose traditional dining.

Any suggestions on hotels near port? We are booked at Fairfield Inn, Dania Beach but I'm thinking about switching to Hampton Inn cruise port South, I would like a hotel with restaurants in walking distance if possible. We won't have a car.

Thanks!!

We're on the Allure now Formal night is day 2 and 5 for the Western Caribbean (ports Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel).

We stayed at the Riverside Hotel. A neat historic hotel with plenty to do within walking distance. Incredible seafood restaurant in the hotel!! We really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ate at the Rustic Inn last time I was in Fort Lauderdale and it was excellent!

Gold level still gets coupon books.

There's an interesting restaurant called The Rustic Inn within walking distance to the Fairfield Inn.

That is correct. It was very busy when I was there especially if you want to sit outside...lots of people but the garlic bread and stone crab I had were so yummy.

But not a quiet restaurant.:)

The menu looks good!! We might have to try it!! Is there anything to do around the Fairfield Inn? We should get there late afternoon.What night is formal night? I booked Giovanni's for the second night, which ,might be formal night. Are there any nights that would be better to eat in the MDR vs. specialty or Coastal Kitchen?

We are going Eastern, San Juan, St.Maarten, Labadee. Any good excursion recommendations? In San Juan, I booked the Old and New city tour. Labadee, the zip line. Haven't booked anything yet for St. Maarten, we've done Bernard's twice and would like to do something different this time>

... Haven't booked anything yet for St. Maarten, we've done Bernard's twice and would like to do something different this time>

You could try Maho Beach in St Maarten.

We did "A taste of St Maarten" when we were on Celebrity last month & highly recommend it. Had a nice island tour & stopped at 4 local places to eat. Quite a bit of food and a little bit of wine also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums