Hello Miami from Orlando

Parking...

When we go out of Port Canaveral I do not hesitate to leave my car with Raddison. They shuttle you to the terminal and my car was safe and sound. Now, in general I feel like this port is very safe.

Miami has a reputation for being rough and the reviews for parking lots in Miami are not good.

Locals, or familiars, do you know of a good place to park your car for the week?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Parking at POM is convenient, covered and secure - for $20/day. Anywhere else in Miami will not be as convenient, will not be covered and for sure will not be as secure. It's your car - do you feel lucky?

The issue is there are few good parking lots, and since the port is pretty much in Downtown Miami, none of the land owners there are going to use their land or parking lots for long-term parking when they can make much more money using it for other types of uses and parking.

Any of the parking lots are not close to the port, require longer and not so reliable shuttle service, and some require you to leave your keys, which I would never do.

Parking at POM is $20.00 a day and right next to the terminal, and covered. Its not that bad of a price when parking for a few hours in some downtown Miami garages cost more than that.

If we weren't doing a hotel stay the night before that includes length of cruise parking in the rate, we would have parked at the port. Unlike Port Everglades and Canaveral there are not a lot of good options outside a secure hotel lot or the port.