You Know You're Hooked When.....

bjkTX

You get excited just getting the email saying your final payment is about due! 3 more months (Grand - 25 Feb). The email also let us know there was a slight price drop ($80pp) - so I'm busy calculating how many extra drinks that will buy..... :-)

You tuned in to see that awful Poseidon Adventure movie on NBC last weekend (I could only stand about 5 minutes of it) and commented on how unlike a real cruise it was.

Didnt you like how the kid could wander any where he felt like on the cruise ship and how the ships doctor wandered into the cabin of a female guest and followed her into the bathroom.

Happens all the time!

When your computer wallpaper is a picture of the next ship you're sailing..

When your Christmas list is nothing but cruise related stuff...

When your latest hobby is collecting postcards of all the ships you've sailed...

When the only pieces of mail you want to open are those from cruiselines...

Didnt you like how the kid could wander any where he felt like on the cruise ship and how the ships doctor wandered into the cabin of a female guest and followed her into the bathroom.

Happens all the time!

So true! I also liked how the cabins were so huge. Way to set up unrealistic expectations for people who haven't cruised before! And what was with the crew spending all their time in a bar--who was running the ship while they're ogling the singer in the nightclub? Seriously, five minutes of that, and the bad acting, and we had to turn it off.

...when you pay your deposit onboard ship not knowing where you plan to go next. We have gone on 5 cruises in 2-1/2 years and had only planned on taking one cruise for the fun of it. I expect we will continue to do the deposit plan.

...when you take over 2,000 pictures a week while cruising. I have a digital camera and download the pictures each night onto my laptop computer and then burn a copy onto a disk for security purposes.

...when you dominate your friends conversations for months with stories about your cruise.

...when you are asked to share your experiences with future passengers ready to take their first trip. We get invited to a number of parties to those who are planning their cruise.

Ray & Barb

When you look up the special interest cruises and find the 21 day Pacific Theater cruise with your ranch foreman. You say darn it is during peak harvest as always. Then he asks the price and of course Princess now offers that and you explain to the guy with a cruise that long balcony is minimum, mini suite would be better. And then figure the per person cost for both.

You have the Panama canal cruise on your work desk top and repeat over and over in two years that is where I am going. And the Pacific Theater you say when I retire that is the first thing booked.

The first thing you do when you walk in the door,is go straight to the computer to see where you want to go next!

And ditto to...you check cc almost everyday..except its check cc "everyday" in my case!

Dot

....everyone in your family is Dthis and Dthat. :(

....you have to tell the whole www world you are doing the "document dance".. :p

....you get in an argument about whether a soda card is worth the price. :confused:

....you have to give a blow by blow travelog of what you did for seven days in Mexico. :cool:

-you can't count all the cruises you've been on

-you book far enough in advance that you & friends balconies connect

-you know which slots pay off best on which ships (are the flying pigs still on the dawn?)

-your still looking for Doc, Capt Stubing etc after all these years...

-you hope the same bartender who makes the perfect martini is still on board

martini cruiser

.......when all you do in your spare time is go to Cruise Critic boards and read everything you didn't read the day before about your upcoming cruise and everyone else's

.......when people at work can't wait for you to go on your cruise so they can stop hearing about it and then get depressed 1 month later when you book your next cruise

.......when you have a daughter going to college in a year but all your savings are going to cruises - - and more cruises

Archived