Questions About Using Value trips for Hyatt Place

HappyValley3

Be patient, we were just there on Sunday after our cruise on the Allure. It is a very clean and friendly hotel. We also used valuetrips and it took a while for a conformation. Star rating of 9* for Hyatt Place, 5* for Embassy Suites

Thanks, great to know. (y)

The Hyatt Place can sleep up to 6 persons (2 double beds, sofa bed), continental breakfast, shuttle to/airport/port $, small pool. There are restaurants within walking distance, shopping plaza including grocery and liquor stores behind the hotel, trolley stop in front of grocery store.

I have used Valuetrips 4 times with no problems. I always call the hotel to confirm my reservation, (they ask for the name and date, not the confirmation number from Valuetrips) and ask for 2 double beds (they do have King beds).

Edited by phabric

If use value trips to book Hyatt Place on line:

1. How/when do I know the final price of the room?

2. Is there a cancellation charge?

Not sure how this works and I'm still waiting for a call back from then.

Thanks.

I'm booked next April for $420 for two nights through booking.com it was cheaper and free cancellation may want to check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm booked next April for $420 for two nights through booking.com it was cheaper and free cancellation may want to check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValueTrips doesn't even have April 2018 rates listed yet....but this past April it was $219.00 per night (that's what we paid for this past March)...so not that much difference. Did you include the taxes on your above quoted price...and what nights of the week are you staying? You can also cancel 24 hours prior to arrival too with VT and did you need to pre-pay...you aren't charged by VT you pay the hotel directly at checkout.

ValueTrips doesn't even have April 2018 rates listed yet....but this past April it was $219.00 per night (that's what we paid for this past March)...so not that much difference. Did you include the taxes on your above quoted price...and what nights of the week are you staying? You can also cancel 24 hours prior to arrival too with VT and did you need to pre-pay...you aren't charged by VT you pay the hotel directly at checkout.

Thursday and Friday nights and yes this is the total price and able to cancel up to 24 Hrs prior.

It's been two weeks and I hadn't heard from value trips so I called the Hyatt Place and they did not have my reservation. I decided to try it again with value trips and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

It's been two weeks and I hadn't heard from value trips so I called the Hyatt Place and they did not have my reservation. I decided to try it again with value trips and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

I am having the same issue I emailed value trips about 2 weeks ago for a reservation in Nov and I have still not heard back from them. Do I call Hyatt Place directly in Ft Lauderdale or should I call another number? Thank you

I am having the same issue I emailed value trips about 2 weeks ago for a reservation in Nov and I have still not heard back from them. Do I call Hyatt Place directly in Ft Lauderdale or should I call another number? Thank you

Call Hyatt Place directly and give your name and date of arrival to confirm your reservation made through ValueTrips.....

Best of luck on your 2nd try...So sorry VT is becoming less responsive to their reservation system...not good at all :eek:

Tried to book April 2018. Just got email from valuetrips..."too early, check back in Sept." The $219 daily rate comes to $249 with taxes.

:D Oh Happy Day!:D

Value Trips just sent me a confirmation for my pre cruise (Sep 30) and post cruise (Oct 7) reservations for Hyatt Place. The price for each night is also listed on my email which made me happy. I feel so much better now that I have a paper confirmation in hand.

Thank you to everyone for your help in this process (I love cruise critic) and to anyone still waiting for a response, I recommend calling Hyatt Place and also sending an email to VT as follow ups.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

• 3 months later...

We are cruising this Saturday, 9/9, and were going to fly in same day. Now, with Irma on the run, we are considering coming in on Friday. I haven't used Value Trips before. From reading the thread, it looks like this might not be a good option for last minute reservations. Can anyone weigh in? Thanks!

We are cruising this Saturday, 9/9, and were going to fly in same day. Now, with Irma on the run, we are considering coming in on Friday. I haven't used Value Trips before. From reading the thread, it looks like this might not be a good option for last minute reservations. Can anyone weigh in? Thanks!

Call the hotel first to see If there is availibility. Should be as it is slower now. Check their best price. Compare price to and make the reservation with valuetrips. Next day or two call the hotel to double check you are booked if you don't hear from vt.