Live - NCL Breakaway 5-7 to 5-14 to Bermuda

seadog67

Our port mate this week Celebrity Summit (love how she looks like a sleek racing boat! Awesome ship design, and we enjoyed sailing on her previously)

Backlit in the morning sun

0c2b897c2a3c94f7173a293167dfef09.jpg

dd6a25ed8c7b0b50f8e0f68fd9d74124.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched you guys dock this morning, looks like it's going to be a beautiful day in Bermuda.

Thanks for your thoughts earlier on the room. It looks amazing...the balcony may be small, but the views look outstanding. :D

Great work on the review!

I am wondering which side of the ship has the better view? I am most likely going to book Escape in 2018 and want to know whether to book a port or starboard balcony. Thanks again for the live review!!

There's no real way to know which side of the ship will be facing the dock. It varies from week to week. The view from both sides is better than my window at home though. :)

I have been watching ship in port webcam. Last week starboard side is close to dock this week port side is next to dock. So if this pattern holds next week when I'm on Breakaway starboard will be next to dock. I have aft balcony that will mean I will have view of water. Would rather have view of island but like stated earlier it's better than my view at home.

I have seen a few boats sailing haven't been able to make out anything that looks like grandstands but viewing on my phone. It's easy to get on webcam website is http://www.portbermudawebcam.com

When the camera pans all the way to the right, it does look like there are some event-type structures under construction. I bet that's where they'll be.

Looks like your having some beautiful weather!

Watching the webcam makes me wish we were back right now!

Anyway, thank you for taking the time during your vacation to keep up on this thread; we all appreciate it greatly!

There's no real way to know which side of the ship will be facing the dock. It varies from week to week. The view from both sides is better than my window at home though. :)

Depends on the time of year. This is an example of my back yard in the fall:

img_1031.jpg

Good Afternoon Cruise Critics! We made it back onboard after a perfect morning at Horseshoe Bay

e23cba1e96e0142ca9c2d8854f4472c0.jpg

Phone battery is fried, heading to get some food, then will post a bunch of pictures and impressions. There is an America's Cup Village being built (built) right down from the dockyard. It was tough to get a good picture in the taxi

c5dca1823ba7e5f4e390a40f90bd3636.jpg

d7eed0244db2160ce3a4661e0ca04cc3.jpg

Did not see any boats practicing, but our taxi driver said they are around.

Thanks for the nice comments and glad it is enjoyable. Also as we pulled in I thought we would have a dockyard view but we turned at the last minute and we have the ocean/island view.

I have been watching ship in port webcam. Last week starboard side is close to dock this week port side is next to dock. So if this pattern holds next week when I'm on Breakaway starboard will be next to dock. I have aft balcony that will mean I will have view of water. Would rather have view of island but like stated earlier it's better than my view at home.

My wife and I will be on the ship with you

Phil

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I agree with you. I believe my Starboard balcony will have an island view next week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

This is so awesome! I am late to the party, but leaving on Sunday on the same trip and super excited. This is our first time in the Haven. I LOVE all your reviews, photos and videos. Thank you so much for posting!

~ Gina

Good Afternoon Cruise Critics! We made it back onboard after a perfect morning at Horseshoe Bay

Great Pictures. Thanks so much!! Will be in Haven Aft PH at end of August. if you don't mind, could you post what the taxi cost to get to Horseshoe and if you were able to get chairs and umbrella?

Great Pictures. Thanks so much!! Will be in Haven Aft PH at end of August. if you don't mind, could you post what the taxi cost to get to Horseshoe and if you were able to get chairs and umbrella?

We took a taxi this morning and the cost was $32 the two of us. (Edit Mrs. S told me it was $32 )

a02dbbaa03b3a71c02ee98cedd412242.jpg

On the way back we took a packed mini van fir $7.50 pp. Total with $2 tip $17

After grabbing a quick snack this morning we headed off just as they cleared the ship. Our plan was to taxi over directly to Horseshoe Bay as the weather looked to be spectacular-

Our port-mate Celebrity Summit has a blocky butt

b8facb46f23f2f46a29d9d2701637fe6.jpg

Breakaway's is way more round and smooth? Maybe the age difference as Summit is much older ;) (sometimes I crack myself up, if no one else)

5d7399eb47f8c04934d15c92766768c0.jpg

Notice the cost to Horse Shoe Bay, obviously I did not in my first response to the cost to get there doh!

a2a558c962d0d9efd6513d9e2f22b761.jpg

Loaded up we headed out, right at the end of the Dockyard you can see the America Cup Village coming together. Our taxi driver indicated they have been told to expect 14,000 visitors along with the cruise ships porting. He was not enthusiastic at the thought of so many people arriving.

2b79c839acc2326afb8a35a6ddb57ef6.jpg

It is such a nice scenic drive through Bermuda

739970f01b24825ff9b48d693c37c074.jpg

Cont..