$50 dollar deposits

cfr70

With all due respect, if one requires 6 months just to cover the deposit, how can one expect to be able to afford the cost of the cruise ?

That was pretty rude, not to mention ignorant of how to use reduced deposits for one's benefit :rolleyes:

For example, one may pay the lowest possible deposit then have the remaining time to accrue discounted gift cards to pay the balance INTEREST FREE. This method has saved us hundreds of dollars (gratuity and drink $) on our cruises, but keep looking down your nose and paying full price up front.

Edited by VASOXFANN

Hello, can you please tell me where on Carnival site did you find the pay pal? Thanks

I was wondering the same thing, then I noticed that Carnival now accepts Pay pal (formerly Bill Me Later). I booked my cruise and my down payment is $300 and I now have 6 mo no interest to pay it off. For me it works as I did not have the full down payment at this time, but I did not want to lose the cruise at the great rate I was offered. Keep in mind you have to pay the balance off by the 6 mo to benefit from the no interest for 6 months. I hope this has helped you in finding another way to take a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, can you please tell me where on Carnival site did you find the pay pal? Thanks

The option was there for me when making my initial booking. At the point of deposit, there were a few tabs to select from. Credit card, gift card, and pay pal.

Firsttimecruizer check out Carnival Cruise Line News, online. That's were I discovered that they now accept PayPal.

That was pretty rude, not to mention ignorant of how to use reduced deposits for one's benefit :rolleyes:

For example, one may pay the lowest possible deposit then have the remaining time to accrue discounted gift cards to pay the balance INTEREST FREE. This method has saved us hundreds of dollars (gratuity and drink $) on our cruises, but keep looking down your nose and paying full price up front.

That's why I like the low deposits. I use the discounted gift cards and I don't always have them on hand when I book so the lower the deposit, the bigger my savings.

also keep in mind that if you do the $50 deposit and you see a lower rate, if the $50 deposit sale is no longer happening, you will have to suddenly pay the full deposit if you take advantage of the lower rate

Just something to remember

Thanks, i'll check that out. Seems like a good deal with 6 mos no interest.

A Google search shows last time Carnival had the 50 deposit was Sept of '16 and January of this year....so hopefully it's due to come around again soon.

I booked our cruise in March/early April of this year with the $50 deposit. When I first started looking, it was $250 pp, but within a few days the $50 sale began.

I booked our cruise in March/early April of this year with the $50 deposit. When I first started looking, it was $250 pp, but within a few days the $50 sale began.

I'm going to have to start checking daily then so I don't miss it. Seems like they roll it out every couple of months or so.

I'm going to have to start checking daily then so I don't miss it. Seems like they roll it out every couple of months or so.

Or you can just come here daily. I think someone usually posts it here when they have them.

Or you can just come here daily. I think someone usually posts it here when they have them.

Also, you can always check out the "Today's Deals" link on Carnival.com, which will outline the promotions (usually there are several) that are available that day.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS