Island Land Tour Suggestions

moosebian

What you want to do, is hire a 'blue flag' taxi for a tour. The blue flag on the taxi indicates that the taxi driver is a government qualified tour guide; if there is any question as to whether the driver is blue flag, ask to see his badge. Picture below.

There is a recent thread on the Bermuda Ports of Call forum titled - Bermuda private guide. The posts include the names, contact info, and CC member comments for many of the more popular guides. You can design your own tour or let the driver/guide show you his Bermuda.

The tour rate is: $50/hr for 1 to 4 passengers or $70/hr, 5 to 7 passengers, with a minimum of 3 hours.

Badge:

BlueFlagBadge.jpg

Originally posted by CC member GrandmaR.

SBtS

We have been to Bermuda 7 times .It is our favorite port .We normally do not take an organized tour .We have taken all the bus routes and have gotten off at as many stops as possible. We have taken the ferries to all stops .

We love Hamilton and have done a lot of walking there over the years.

We did a 5 hr island tour w Byways Tours, just great. Eight passenger vehicle so no crowding; Heidi is the granddaughter of a lighthouse keeper, and that family trade reached back quite aways (based on the plaque in the Gibbs LH); she had a wealth of insights to share

Byways Tours with Heidi is a great tour. Probably the best I have ever done. She is a native and loves showing people her island. She will show you the island that other tours don't. I have done a taxi tour before and saw things with Heidi that I never saw.

Laura

Byways Tours with Heidi is a great tour. Probably the best I have ever done. She is a native and loves showing people her island. She will show you the island that other tours don't. I have done a taxi tour before and saw things with Heidi that I never saw.

Laura

We're on the 5/21 Breakaway cruise and have booked Heidi for a private tour (for 6 adults). Tour sounds great and lots of excellent feedback on Heidi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you book Byways Tours (Heidi) online before you go? How long are her tours? What does she charge? Will she incorporate a stop at a beach for a couple hours into her tour? We'll be on NCL Dawn, August 18-25th.

Thanks in advance!

Can you book Byways Tours (Heidi) online before you go? How long are her tours? What does she charge? Will she incorporate a stop at a beach for a couple hours into her tour? We'll be on NCL Dawn, August 18-25th.

Thanks in advance!

Here's a page from Byway Tours that list the tours & prices, and should answer most of your questions.

From that page: We do not have credit card availability and so cash payment is required.

SBtS

Here's a page from Byway Tours that list the tours & prices, and should answer most of your questions.

From that page: We do not have credit card availability and so cash payment is required.

SBtS

Thanks for the link. I'm going to look into it!

We enjoyed Hidden Gems Tour (booked on our own). Small group tour. Starts with tour of island, then a hike to caves for a swim in the most beautiful water. Then to cliffs (15 ft) for a dive, and it ends with a snorkeling adventure. Included is lunch, water and ice cream at the end. My husband and I are sixty and had no problem keeping up. ENJOY