Navigation deck staterooms on Vista class

csg99

We were in room 8025 (category VA) on the Zuiderdam in May. We loved it! We were on the 11/13 Westerdam in 8059 (same side, but closer to mid-ship)--while we loved the SS category, the noise from the Lido pool area was much more noticeable. We woke up each morning to the sound of chairs being dragged across our ceiling, which then continued for most of the day and evening. While it may not bother some, I don't think we'd book this location again. Just an FYI.

Thanks for the advance information. We will be on our first HAL on the Westerdam. Our SS cabin is below the Lido pool on the Navigation deck. Hopefully, I will not be sleeping during the chair movements.

Has anyone else experienced the noise problem when your cabin on the Navigation deck is below the Lido pool?

We were in 8088 which I think was below the Lido Buffet area -- No problems there!! If your cabin is toward aft from central elevators, you will be beneath the Lido restaurant. If your cabin is forward from central elevators, you will be beneath the pool & deck.

Edit: Also if your cabin is aft of the rear elevators, you will be under the aft pool deck.

I was in 8043 on the Westerdam ... an SS on the starboard side. It was an excellent location. We DID have some noise from above ... deck chairs sand tables being dragged around. Sometimes we'd hear someone running or walking very heavily above. The sound was more noticeable in the evening than in the morning. It was never loud enough to wake me ... but, then, I sleep pretty soundly; I light sleeper might find it annoying.

We were in 8075 on the Oosterdam, a couple cabins aft of the central elevators and never noticed any noise from the lido deck. Best thing about this location was that we were 30 seconds from the Lido. We always grabbed our breakfast/lunch and took it down to our room to eat out on the balcony.

Archived