Is bottomless bubbles worth it?

Hi all,

It seems like you need to buy 4 sodas a day to make the bottomless bubbles package worth it, but I can't find any information about juice prices to compare. I also seem to recall that juice was available and included at breakfast so I'm wondering how much of a benefit this really is? I have a couple questions, thanks for your help!

• Does anyone know much juices are if you buy them without a bottomless bubbles plan and does this plan make different juices available than what's usually at breakfast?
  • Can you take a can of soda with you off the ship?
  • Does getting bottomless bubbles help with simple mixed drinks too? Say I want to drink a gin and tonic or rum and pineapple, do you have to pay more for the mixer if you don't have bottomless bubbles? :whiskey-glass:

Hi all,

It seems like you need to buy 4 sodas a day to make the bottomless bubbles package worth it, but I can't find any information about juice prices to compare. I also seem to recall that juice was available and included at breakfast so I'm wondering how much of a benefit this really is? I have a couple questions, thanks for your help!

• Does anyone know much juices are if you buy them without a bottomless bubbles plan and does this plan make different juices available than what's usually at breakfast?
  • Can you take a can of soda with you off the ship?
  • Does getting bottomless bubbles help with simple mixed drinks too? Say I want to drink a gin and tonic or rum and pineapple, do you have to pay more for the mixer if you don't have bottomless bubbles? :whiskey-glass:

In my experience it has been worth it but not a huge savings. Service has typically been slow and the juices, milk, coffee at breakfast are free.

I can't answer about taking coke off the ship.

I have never seen an upcharge for an alcoholic beverage because of no bubbles and have never received a discount on one with bubbles. Someone will correct me if they have experienced anything different.

They won't give you a Can with bottomless bubbles. They pour the Can in a glass full

Of ice. Actual soda / about 8oz.

I bought it on a recent cruise - because we could not get a 12 pack from the airport. Not worth it for me. Next time, I'll buy one soda a day and drink water the rest of the time.

I did have pineapple/ orange juice on ice from the bar a few times. Was nice for a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So can you bring any type? I thought just sparkling water in cans was allowed. If so, do you usually just put it in your luggage?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So can you bring any type? I thought just sparkling water in cans was allowed. If so, do you usually just put it in your luggage?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes, you can bring any type of soda, as long as it's in cans and it needs to be in your carry-on. Each person in your cabin can take their allotment, even small children. We always carry 4 12pks on even though only 2 of us drink soda since there are 4 people in our cabin.

For us, bottomless bubbles isn't worth it. They generally take a warm can of soda and pour it rapidly over a full glass of ice - what you end up with is flavoured water (no carbonation) and only a few mouthfuls at that.

Instead I buy the cans of soda through the funshops and keep them cold in the cabin.

Bottomless bubbles is $6.50 a day x 7 days + 15% gratuity = $52 for the week.

From the fun shops I can buy 5 - 6 packs (30 cans) = $50 for the week.

I personally find the cans more convenient. I can take them off the ship, I can enjoy one first thing in the morning if I need a caffeine boost before leaving my cabin, I can have one late at night once I'm settled into the cabin watching a movie before bed. And I can carry one into the dining room or buffet and have my soda right away (no waiting for a server who may or may not come).

If you can't or don't want to bring canned soft drinks with you, and you're okay with drinking Coke products, then Bottomless Bubbles might be worth it. However, we prefer Pepsi products, such as Diet Pepsi and Diet Mountain Dew. Carnival has a contract with Coca-Cola. So, unless Carnival starts offering Pepsi products, the Bottomless Bubbles package is of no interest to us.

I always get it for my kids, although now that I think about it I should probably just keep it for the one and cancel it for the other. My older (17) is on his own pretty much all day, but my youngest (15 - autistic) sticks with me throughout the day. I could probably just bring a 12 pack of coke with me and he would be happy with that and water.

I have no desire to buy the program, but what if I wish a soda in the Dining room, do I get charged for refills or is it bottomless while your having your meal?

You would purchase either a glass of soda at $1.50 or a can of soda at $2.00. Neither is bottomless. I would recommend if you want 1 soda, buy the can.

We did the math and aren't going to buy Bottomless Bubbles, unless my kids want to spend "their money" that we are giving them on their cards for the cruise to buy the package. My husband and I are huge water drinkers and will probably drink that the whole time, along with the two bottles of wine we're bringing and the occasional soda by the pool where we'll just buy a can if we want one.

My cousin has sailed CCL many times and what she told me that she does is just bring a big insulated tumbler for everyone, such that at breakfast she fills her kids' tumblers with juice and hers with iced coffee. They then have that to drink by the pool all morning, and if anyone is wanting soda for later in the day she just buys a 6 pack in the fun shop.

FTTF is sold out for our sailing, but if it opens up and I'm able to get one I might pick up a couple of 12 packs to bring along with me. But I am not keen on the idea of lugging heavy soda around on the ship in a carry on while we wait for our room to be ready.

Instead I buy the cans of soda through the funshops and keep them cold in the cabin.

Bottomless bubbles is $6.50 a day x 7 days + 15% gratuity = $52 for the week.

From the fun shops I can buy 5 - 6 packs (30 cans) = $50 for the week.

Also a 12pk of soda at Walmart is about $2.50. 24 cans of soda = $5.00 for the week. Much cheaper option.

We did the math and aren't going to buy Bottomless Bubbles, unless my kids want to spend "their money" that we are giving them on their cards for the cruise to buy the package. My husband and I are huge water drinkers and will probably drink that the whole time, along with the two bottles of wine we're bringing and the occasional soda by the pool where we'll just buy a can if we want one.

My cousin has sailed CCL many times and what she told me that she does is just bring a big insulated tumbler for everyone, such that at breakfast she fills her kids' tumblers with juice and hers with iced coffee. They then have that to drink by the pool all morning, and if anyone is wanting soda for later in the day she just buys a 6 pack in the fun shop.

FTTF is sold out for our sailing, but if it opens up and I'm able to get one I might pick up a couple of 12 packs to bring along with me. But I am not keen on the idea of lugging heavy soda around on the ship in a carry on while we wait for our room to be ready.

yep, as a fairly picky water drinker I was pleasantly surprised by the water quality on board the ships. I don't think I'll ever get Bottomless Bubbles. I'll look into getting a carry-on with a handle and wheels and strap a couple 12-packs to it for my wife but I quit drinking soda years ago. I love my Bubba Mug!

There is another option, if you can get by for a week without soda pop. My wife will sometimes buy the Crystal Light single packets, and I will sometimes buy the Hawaiian Punch single packets. We take our 16 oz.Tervis tumblers, get water and ice from the beverage station, and mix in a packet of whichever flavor packet we want. Cheaper than sodas, and easier to pack. clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

We were also thinking of bringing the individual packets of Crystal Light - my daughter and I love the peach mango ones and my husband likes the iced tea. This is our first CCL cruise but I have heard that some people don't like the iced tea available at the buffet, so some packets of Crystal Light might be a good back up option. My boys like to drink Gatorade when they are doing sports and such in the hot sun, so buying some of the Gatorade powder and filling a ziploc baggie of it might be a good idea too.

We are all pretty resourceful! I don't want to pay $50 for soda for myself if I don't have to - I would rather spend the money elsewhere and just buy a Diet Coke if I really want one.

Also a 12pk of soda at Walmart is about $2.50. 24 cans of soda = $5.00 for the week. Much cheaper option.

Wow the last time I went to Wal-Mart the soda was $4.44 for pepsi and coke products. I ended up getting it for $3.33 a 12 pack because I had my ad from my local grocery store. I know some of the non brand sodas are cheaper but I have never seen it that inexpensive.

Candi

Wow the last time I went to Wal-Mart the soda was $4.44 for pepsi and coke products. I ended up getting it for $3.33 a 12 pack because I had my ad from my local grocery store. I know some of the non brand sodas are cheaper but I have never seen it that inexpensive.

Candi

You're absolutely right, and I stand corrected. Honestly I rarely look at the prices of things, I just get it. I guess that goes to show how long it's been since I actually DID look at the price, lol ...

Still, $6.00 for a 24pk is still much cheaper than $50 for a 30pk. (Yes a case is $6.00 because I just looked it up :D)

I would rather spend a little extra and have the soda waiting for me in the cabin. I don't need to buy it at the store, bring it home, pack it in a suitcase, put it in the car, take it out of the car, and then lug it around for several hours (and potentially a great walking distance) all to save a few bucks - oh, and do that while pushing my mother's wheelchair.

I've not seen soda that low. Even here in Canada - on sale it's at least $4 CDN for a 12 pack.

In response to one of the OPs question.....if you have the Bubbles package, can you get the "free" mixer for a cocktail, therefor getting a discount on the alcoholic beverage.

Does getting bottomless bubbles help with simple mixed drinks too? Say I want to drink a gin and tonic or rum and pineapple, do you have to pay more for the mixer if you don't have bottomless bubbles? clear.png?emoji-whiskey-glass-2133

No, it will not matter if you have the bubbles package. A drink is a drink. They will charge you full price.....which is actually kind of the price for the alcohol with the mixer thrown in ;) You will pay full price if you order it from a bar or a server.

if you have a bottle of booze in your cabin and you want to get the "free" mixer from the bar with Bubbles, then you can do that....but you'd be walking back and forth. :)

You would purchase either a glass of soda at $1.50 or a can of soda at $2.00. Neither is bottomless. I would recommend if you want 1 soda, buy the can.

So if you have Bottomless Bubbles, you are still required to buy Pop at the restaurants, even the dining rooms?