Aibp....

camper49

I have read many threads about the AIBP.

Hubby prefers less drinks but likes "doubles". So I'm guessing that would be over the $10 limit. Thinking he will order his Candian club(do they have CC) and then have to order a shot? Anyone else like/order doubles?

Hubby prefers less drinks but likes "doubles". So I'm guessing that would be over the $10 limit. Thinking he will order his Candian club(do they have CC) and then have to order a shot? Anyone else like/order doubles?

Order two singles and then pour them together. Or, order a single, when that is finished order another and another, as many as you like. Any drink over $10 you are charged the full amount.

We considered the AIBP but didn't do it. We did do the BOGO (Buy One Get One for $1) and they happily poured doubles but it may be because technically I was ordering 2 drinks at the same.

If you haven't I would run the numbers of what you expect to drink, factor in the BOGO, captains party and shore days etc. Someone posted a spreadsheet with the drink prices. You fill in your info and it comes up with a number of what you can expect to pay. I used it and it steered me away from the AIBP. Turns out for us the AIBP would not have been a great deal and at best a break even. YMMV

I kept track as best I could and went through the charges afterwards and posted the results.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2448284

I've ordered doubles with the AIBP and not had a problem. For instance, on my last cruise, our drink of choice was a double grey goose over ice and a small bottle of pelligrino. We never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Excellent. We have the package on our next two cruises (perk - didn't pay for it) and I tend to order double bourbon or scotch - no ice. I'm not much in the way of a bottled water drinker but mineral water is different so Pellegrino might just make it onto my list of drinks.

I don 't think your hubby will have problem with his "doubles". The $10 limit applies more on retail price of specific drink, not quantity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums