Lawn club

redwell

The Lawn Club Grill is a specialty restaurant that has a cover charge. However most of the lawn area of the ship is open to everybody for no charge (the restaurant only occupies a small portion of the area).

Regarding Persian Gardens my recollection is Elite and higher receives a one-time pass that can only be used while the ship is in a port (i.e. not while out at sea). This cannot be arranged/scheduled in advance.

The alcoves also have to be paid for on the lawn but the area near the sunset bar is open to everyone for free.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The grassy area in the center of the alcove are free to use as well, just not the actual alcoves. We've seen people take pool towels and put them on the grass to lie in the sun. There's an additional grassy area to the side that's free as well, though it sometimes gets used for bocce or whatever so may or may not be a good spot to relax on at any particular time.

For some reason I also seem to recall that you can arrange a picnic lunch for a fee, or did I just dream that?

The people in alcoves can get a picnic but to be honest it's so easy t go down the stairs at sunset, into the buffet and bring up anything you want for free

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For some reason I also seem to recall that you can arrange a picnic lunch for a fee, or did I just dream that?

Yes, there used to be three different choices of picnic baskets; it was a bit pricey IMHO for what it was - never heard of anyone actually utilizing this and am not sure if it is still even an option. That said, very easy to bring up food from the buffet or what not and have a picnic up there for no charge.

Count me as another who thought they were WAY overpriced for what was in them. We always get alcoves but never ordered a picnic basket for that reason.

• 10 months later...
The alcoves, do you book them before or after boarding? Do you book them for a day, or a cruise?

It is recommended to book before boarding, as they often get booked up. If there is availability they can be booked onboard. They are booked by the day, not for the entire cruise. Port days are cheaper than sea days.

We have gone to free events on the lawn...

Acoustic guitar ( with wine available for purchase) they had blankets available for sitting

Music concert

Kids Camp out night - they had hula hoops, blankets for sitting, some tents setup, then had supplies to make s’mores ( marshmallow fluff in serving dish, graham crackers, chocolate)

They Equinox doesn’t have the Alcoves, but Reflection and Silhouette do.

Equinox has the Glass show and options to make glass items(ornament, vase, paperweight, etc) in the area where the Silhouette and Reflection has the Lawn grill.