Very poor customer service-ncl home of the upcharge and the nickel and diming of pass

Pilot Fish

Wow, Carnival has really increased their prices since they started this! I think that was $5 when they started out. Maybe that was for a 12 pack. I think they provide the common 1/2 liter size (16.9 ounces) and their "generic" Carnival brand, right?

I've seen individual water like that in stores for anywhere from .25 to .79 or more, so the Carnival price at about .40 a bottle is pretty reasonable. Compared to what Costco water costs us, it's about five times as expensive (we get a 40 unit carton for $3.29, or just over .08 per bottle).

NCL only provides 1 liter Aquafina brand water, and it's about $3 a bottle when purchased before you board (we paid $18 for a six pack including the gratuity added on). My local supermarket sells the exact same thing for $1.99. So NCL's water is only 50% more than the store equivalent on shore. That's probably the same percentage of markup as Carnival has.

I wish NCL would take Carnival's lead, though, and provide NCL branded generic water in the 16.9 ounce bottles. Sell us a 24 pack for .75 each for that same $18, and we'd be very happy with that. I suspect their cost is closer to Costco's sales price at .08 per bottle for generic water, so their profit margin is likely to be larger than on the six pack of 1 liter "liquid gold" Aquafina.

$4.50 per 12 pack on Carnival brand water

Ah, that's what I remember then. That 12 pack is the same amount of water as the 6 pack of Aquafina that NCL sells for $18 (including the superfluous gratuity). I would be happy with generic NCL brand water and would pay those prices .... and NCL would make more margin on that as well.

NCL is nothing if not stupid in these matters.

i understand what you are saying but the point is: which company is giving the better value? I am one of those who is happy with tap water and can't begin to understand the obsession with bottled water anyway, but I did enjoy the large sized bottles we got on NCL last cruise for being platinum members. OP just happens to be a complainer. Notice he hasn't been back. ;p