Pinnacle Suite

cwd79

Hi all. I did a search and didn't find a lot of new information so hoping the good people of this forum can provide some details. Hubby and I are sailing on Oosterdam for an Alaskan cruise later this month (7 days). We received an offer to go from a Neptune to the Pinnacle Suite and passed on the offer as it was still out of our budget. We were surprised that another offer came a few weeks later and the price was something we couldn't pass on. Plus we figured this is a once in a lifetime opportunity so we jumped on it and booked the upsell. So needless to say we are very excited. We are a very easy going couple in our 30's and when we vacation, it's to relax and most of the time we don't do many excursions as we prefer being on the ship and using our balcony. If my hubby had his way he'd nap all day and be completely content.

I know the perks are almost the same as a Neptune (unless I am missing something), but saw something about a butler pantry. What's the purpose of that? Is there a butler? I can't imagine we would need one since it's just hubby and I. We wouldn't be having any parties that I know of that would need that extra level of service. If we don't need the services of a butler can we just say no thanks, or is that considered rude? We rarely use the concierge anytime we've been in a Neptune suite previously and just hop into the lounge for the snacks and be on our merry way. So very rarely do we ever need anyone to get us anything. Any advice in how to fully immerse ourselves in the Pinnacle suite experience?

Check out the recent thread for the 2,300 (or so) pictures of Oosterdam and in there the suite pictures for an example of the butler pantry. Can't say about the butler "services" part but it basically looks like a place for holding and serving meals in the suite. Refrigerator and some sort of warming oven along with a prep sink.

This just appeared and will give you the full in and out and how everything looks after the dry dock last year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2497254

As for some of the other questions, we have done the Pinnacle Suite once. On Eurodam in 2010 so DH and I were 30 and 29 at the time. Very easy going as well so it sounds like our cruise styles are very similar.

The butler pantry doesn't mean you have a butler... it's still the same great housekeeping team of 2 but I would expect those in that part of the deck with all the suites are some of the best of the best. The pantry area gives you access to a few things regular rooms don't have. A huge hot tea selection, coffee pot, believe I've usually seen a toaster in there and the fridge is huge so if you regularly use the minibar you'll love it. It's a great place to stash away the room service trays when you're done so it's not just "there" in the middle of the room.

If you do the high tea in the room it tends to be a little more elaborate setup from my experience. If you wanted to host a little get together in the room with some folks you meet onboard you can ask for some light snacks to be delivered and they are happy to accommodate the request (if it's something specific like we asked for bitterballen, maybe give a couple days notice).

Don't have to be worried about being rude. The staff will be fantastic but there's no awkwardness like with NCL butlers where they ask if you'd like them to unpack your suitcase... I can handle my own unmentionables... thanks :)

The NL concierge can be helpful. If you do anything involving the front desk, shore ex desk, spa, dining reservations - they're your one call for everything. If nothing else, they're friendly faces to greet you when you grab some snacks and an espresso.

Now, some insider tips based on my experience:

• If you do host a gathering, the hutch in the dining area likely still has a waterford crystal glassware set. These are absolutely gorgeous, but handle with care. If a flute's stem snaps and you make 2 glasses out of the one, it's over $100. Don't be terrified of using them. Just treat them as though they were a newborn baby or something... gentle.
  • If you want dinner delivered to the room one evening since you have the actual dining table they can do a nice setup and you can have that private setting for dinner without doing it on the bed or hunched over the little coffee table. There's also a dining area on the balcony they could do that with if conditions permit
  • Use everything. The bathroom is huge. Check out all the sprayers on the shower. Use the tub where the water comes out of the statue's mouth (careful turning the knob. It'll come out with so much pressure and outward (not downward) if you turn too fast). Explore all the nooks and crannies. Bring a couple cd's if you have favorites. They have pretty nice sound systems in there and you can have it play on the balcony as well (hope that's not a Eurodam only thing)
  • Overall, have fun. Obviously it's your trip for as active (or not) as you want, but it's an incredible experience everyone ought to have at least once.

In the description of the Pinnacle Suite I see that it says "pantry" but doesn't even mention "butler". The only time I've heard about butler services was on NCL.

Pinnacle Suite

Bedroom with 1 king-size bed, oversize whirlpool bath & shower & additional shower stall, living room, dining room, dressing room, private verandah with whirlpool, pantry, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, microwave, refrigerator, guest toilet, private stereo system, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 1,150 sq. ft. including verandah.

Not all staterooms within each category have the same furniture configuration and/or facilities. All information is subject to change.

Pinnacle Suite Amenities include:

• New Bose® Bluetooth-enabled Soundlink
  • New complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast
  • New premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
  • New binoculars for use during voyage
  • New expanded line of Elemis bath amenities
  • New in-suite coffee and espresso machine
  • Neptune Lounge: A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

edit: posted same time as InTheWASide

The pantry is for the set up, and serving of any meals or related, to you. We had dinner in our PS a couple of times. The pantry allowed the serving of courses individually, keeping the other food warm (or cold) as appropriate.

The larger fridge there is a definite plus.

We have stayed in the PS many times on various ships.

We love the extra space especially on the Vista and Signature ships.

There isn't a warming oven in the pantry -- it is a high powered microwave.

Once you have stayed in a PS, you will want to stay in one again and again and again.......

We loved the PS veranda and I personally could have lived there. The whirlpool tub was OK but the large table was perfect for dinner during sail-away. Consult with the NL concierge and arrange for dinner delivered from the MDR. You can eat inside or out.

You will definitely be spoiled when you return home.

• 1 year later...

There's a hot tub on the outside veranda.    Is it pretty easy to operate?    We're thinking of a pinnacle suite for an Alaska cruise, and the air temp will be cold.   Will hot tub stay nice and cozy even when air is cold outside?

2 hours ago, CTOM said:

There's a hot tub on the outside veranda.    Is it pretty easy to operate?    We're thinking of a pinnacle suite for an Alaska cruise, and the air temp will be cold.   Will hot tub stay nice and cozy even when air is cold outside?

Yes! We sailed in the NA Pinnacle Suite September 1 this year doing the Alaska Inside passage. We enjoyed sipping bubbly in the hot tub while watching the lovely scenery go by. The staff will treat you like royalty! Here is a link to my LIVE thread of the trip. At the end is a link to a video of the suite. Awesome cruise! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 1:44 PM, CTOM said:

Thanks, HBC !   A lot of the pictures I saw were in the summer, so I wanted to make sure the outside veranda's hot tub worked in the 30-degree temps of Alaska in April.

Yes, it did. If for some reason it does not, let your room steward know right away. It will get fixed! The staff will go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. The PS is the BOMB! 

Edited by HBCcruiser
Sp