similar tour or do both?

katfer

Wondering if Kenai..major marine in Seward would be similar to whale watching in Icy Point with glacial winds? Are these excursions so different we should do both? Inquiring minds need to know...thanks!!

Very different. I always do both, including 2 runs in Hoonah and 3 of Kenai Fjords for me, starting next week. :)

Hoonah- will be humpbacks. Kenai Fjords will be varied wildlife, possible to see, sea otters, sea lions, puffins, harbor seals, humpbacks, dalls porpoises, orcas, mountain goats, bears, puffins, eagles, numerous other sea birds- plus glaciers. :) A jackpot tour.

I was hoping you would answer..that's what I thought..both tours in Kenai are good I understand..do u have a favorite? Also..can we drop off our luggage before we go on these excursions? Going on NCL Sun.

I was hoping you would answer..that's what I thought..both tours in Kenai are good I understand..do u have a favorite? Also..can we drop off our luggage before we go on these excursions? Going on NCL Sun.

When I board a ship in Seward, I don't bother dropping my luggage off before I board in the evening. I most always am out on a Kenai Fjords boat tour, and I either take my bag to the ship after the boat tour, or sometimes, the vendor will have dropped the bag off during the tour, for me. Verify what the current service is. Being, I'm a firm believer with "time" being my best friend, I generally take a Northwestern trip and really like Major Marine's, Holgate/Aialik glacier trip. But, the 6 hour trips are certainly fine as well.