Ubp

volvo geek

We have a 9 day cruise booked for Nov. with the UBP.

I blew the budget on this cruise by booking a suite and I'm trying not to rack up a huge bar bill this time. Now our children go to bed a 8:00, so we used to grab a bucket of beer and sit on the balcony for a while. Buckets, I believe are not covered under UBP. So I was thinking of grabbing beers throughout the day and putting them in the mini fridge.

Do the bartenders have to open them? Otherwise I was thinking of bringing some corks.

Just ask the bartender not to open it as you would like to carry it back to your room to enjoy there. It's not a big deal... just ask.

DW and I do this all the time. We call it "squirreling".

LOL!

Ok I wasn't sure, thanks!

I blew the budget on this cruise by booking a suite and I'm trying not to rack up a huge bar bill this time. Now our children go to bed a 8:00, so we used to grab a bucket of beer and sit on the balcony for a while. Buckets, I believe are not covered under UBP. So I was thinking of grabbing beers throughout the day and putting them in the mini fridge.

Do the bartenders have to open them? Otherwise I was thinking of bringing some corks.

Never had an issue if you ask.

You should not have a problem at all, just gather them through out the day and you are set. If you still have one of the little bottle openers they gave you the last time you bought a bucket just bring it with you and if not, just ask one of the bartenders for one.

... If you still have one of the little bottle openers they gave you the last time you bought a bucket just bring it with you and if not, just ask one of the bartenders for one.

Or just throw one in your bags from home.

We are winos, and have corkscrews in each bag permanently.

(before somebody asks, we travel primarily with carryon with the corkscrew inside the carryon...only once in maybe the last 150 security screenings did somebody take it)

Just to add. Your cabin steward should be able to set you up with a bucket & ice to keep your beers icy cold and not mini-fridge temperature. You said you are in a suite - there is usually one of those wine ice bucket stands in there you can use.