Is Paris worth the $300 pp change fee?

stickyshocker

That's a very broad question and not one I'm going to answer. I couldn't wait to go to Paris and when I finally got there I found out that give or take, it's not much different from any other major European city. So would I pay $300pp to change a ticket and spend 3 days there? No, I wouldn't because I think it's overhyped.

I think the basic answer to the OPs question was if it was worth paying the extra money for only three days. I can't see how you can even begin to compare Paris with Florence, Madrid, Stockholm, Berlin, Vienna, Dublin et al. Each place has something unique, different languages, different cultures, different climate, different architecture. I could go on and on. I just don't se how Paris is much like every other major European city????

• 1 month later...
Paris is on our radar now, though its out of the way from our future endeavors, i feel compelled to find a way to slot it in.. and the sooner the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you, and a good choice. Because you always need to see, what you will loose by going to Paris.

As I understand it would have been either staying Post-Cruise in Amsterdam or going to Paris.

So you would have lost your time in Amsterdam I believe ? And that would have been the bigger pity, than

the money you would have spent to change your plans.

Paris is very nice and NOT over-rated, been there a dozen times so far and have not seen everything there is to see. (and I live only 4 hours by train from Paris)

[quote name=Tampaskier;53046422

I know there are many people who don't care for the French so don't like Paris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're confusing two nationalities' date=' Tampaskier - the French and the Parisians ;p

Even the French don't like Parisians :D

[b']JB[/b] :)

We were in Paris for only two days many years ago and covered a lot of ground. It was definitely worth it! A friend of mine thought it wasn't worthwhile because our visit was so short... I think it's sad that she hasn't managed to visit Paris yet and may never will. Not everyone has the luxury of visiting places at their leisure. It's often a 'vacation' vs 'tour' issue.

In general, when asking myself about an add-on to a cruise, I consider two things:

- in case another opportunity never arises (never is a long time), make a run for it, and

- I could never visit that city in the future from Canada, however brief, for the extra it would cost me now.

If you fall in love with a place, a quick visit can motivate you to go back, as then, you know what you've missed!

Have a wonderful time on your trip!