Seattle Pier 66 to Amtrak Station

Dcoy

We're on an August Alaskan cruise out of pier 66. When returning, what's the best method of transportation between pier 66 and the Amtrak station on King Street? I know it only about a mile and a half between the two locations. It's two of us with two large and two carry on bages if that makes a difference.

We do have plenty of time as our train does not leave till around 4:30 pm.

Thanks

Don

I'd just hop in a cab (or Uber/Lyft etc. if you have an appropriate phone and the relevant app) to save the hassle of getting up the hill. Store bags at Amtrak for the day so you can tour unencumbered, and return later for your train.

Between Pier 66 and the King Street Station is a significant up-hill situation from the waterfront. There is an elevator not far from Pier 66 to help to get to the higher elevation, but there is still some distance to walk until you are at street level where Pike Place Market is located. (What it is like from there to the King Street Station, I don't know.)

I arrive at Pier 91 on the Amsterdam and will be departing on the Empire Builder. I will take a taxi from the pier to the Station. Having been a guest at the Marriott Seattle Hotel across from Pier 66, I would suggest that you engage a car service or taxi.

Thanks for the replies. Walking was not going to be an option. Wasn't sure if there were cabs available at the pier. I priced out a shuttle but seemed a little high for the short trip.

Don

Between Pier 66 and the King Street Station is a significant up-hill situation from the waterfront.

No it's not, it's basically level along the waterfront to King Street, then east three or four blocks to the station, around 1 to 1 1/2 miles. Still, a taxi or Uber will be ten bucks or so.

I assume you're taking the Empire Builder?

No it's not, it's basically level along the waterfront to King Street, then east three or four blocks to the station, around 1 to 1 1/2 miles. Still, a taxi or Uber will be ten bucks or so.

I assume you're taking the Empire Builder?

Being a Seattle citizen, I accept your description. I did not walk along the waterfront far enough to get to King Street during my last visit.

My description of what I observed was from my hotel at the Marriott Waterfront location.

Dealing with luggage, no way would I even begin to think about obtaining transportation from Pier 66 to King Street Station.

Yes, I will be railroading on the Empire Builder.