The WHEN of traveling is as important as the where and how

steverhodes

I certainly do not consider myself a techie, so I will just say that I wasn't smart enough to know I needed an app. I just click on any digital picture, click on "copy" in the pop-up, and at the point I desire the picture click & hold until "paste" appears , click and the picture is inserted.

But did the picture stay when you went back to the post? I have copied a picture below but I bet when I come back to this post it will just be a little box where the picture used to be. Let's see

imagejpeg

But did the picture stay when you went back to the post? I have copied a picture below but I bet when I come back to this post it will just be a little box where the picture used to be. Let's see

imagejpeg

As I said, I'm not a techie so I can't explain any of this. I'm currently in France and about to go out for the day so no time to experiment, but the last time I did this http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2458144 in post #28, the full picture is still there.

Thinking of Avignon to Lyon in March/April 2018 with Paris extension. Historical weather looks like it could be a bit chilly - will it be too cold to enjoy?

Curious. Why then rather than later when it will be warmer, thus making the top deck usable (and your veranda too, if you have a room with one)?

It is my sister's brilliant idea, to save some money....How much later will we need to wait to enjoy the veranda and top deck? I'd love to enjoy as much as I can!

She is right in the sense that you can save some money by going earlier. But you lose a lot in terms what is comfortable to do.

Use Accuweather.com and look temps last year as well as averages.

My wife and I took this same trip in the 2nd week in October of 2015. The first day was great. We used both our balcony and the top deck. Then it turned cold. No one went on the top deck anymore and few people stayed out their balconies. My one major regret was that we didn't go when it was warmer. We had down jackets on almost every day except the first.

And yes, we were lured in by the attractive rates. Wish we had not been. We would have never really noticed the cost difference.

We did this itinerary (reverse direction) in the first week of September. Weather on the Rhone was fine, although the Mistral started blowing and it got a little cool and very windy. Weather in Paris at the end was fine except for rain (which can come at any time). Remember the song "April in Paris"?--that month was chosen because it fit the melody, not because the weather is nice then. When Charles Aznavour wanted to write a paean to Paris he called it "J'aime Paris au mois de mai"-- much more appropriate!

Thinking of Avignon to Lyon in March/April 2018 with Paris extension. Historical weather looks like it could be a bit chilly - will it be too cold to enjoy?

We did Lyon to Avignon from April 5 to April 12 this year, and had a 4-day pre-cruise extension in Paris and Dijon before that. The only uncomfortable weather we had was in Lyon, cool and windy. We had light jackets only and had no problems. But...past weather is no guarantee of good weather next year. I read that later in April this year there was a cold spell with frost affecting the vineyards in Burgundy and the Rhone.

Sadly, it seems the difference in cruise fare from March and early April to late April or May is $1000. I will notice that. And in March and April Viking has a fabulous $295 airfare deal. But if it is uncomfortable weather, whats' the point, right? Thanks to all for your input