Newbie - Cozumel Plus?

Reenie75

I believe it simply means a longer (or plus) stay in port. We didn't find any extra amenities from our plus trip there. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think this also, longer time in port.

Great question for the bridge crew if you happen to be able to talk with them at some point. I would guess there are complexities to docking in Cozumel on certain days creating the difference (business complexities, not necessarily material ones).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Haven't sailed with Carnival. Booked a birthday surprise cruise for my daughter on the Magic. Forgive me can someone explain Cozumel Plus?

I'm not sure, it might be a longer stay in port (as a OP stated above) we just did the Magic last March 18/25 and if memory serves me correctly it was a tendered stop. In fact, the last few trips to Cozumel we used a tender. My wife and I didn't get off the ship as we've visited there many times. Just stayed aboard and LOVED being on the ship, either poolside (my wife) or in my case walking around both below and topside seeing that beautiful ship. I'm not much of a 'pool and bake' person. Believe me, there are plenty of things to do onboard IMHO.

Mac

Simply a marketing ploy.

I disagree. It is a longer port stay, which allows for a wider variety of shore excursions. They have now added things such as cavern swims which take place on the mainland and can be accommodated more easily because of the longer travel time from the island.

We were booked on a cruise that stopped at Cozumel when then introduced the Cozumel Plus promotion. I was excited to think we'd have longer in port!! I checked our itinerary and our time in port had not changed a bit...

We were booked on a cruise that stopped at Cozumel when then introduced the Cozumel Plus promotion. I was excited to think we'd have longer in port!! I checked our itinerary and our time in port had not changed a bit...

Check the shore excursions...I am willing to bet they added some of these special ones that you don't normally see....

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-deals/early-saver/cozumel-plus.aspx

We have Cozumel Plus in October. We're in port from noon until 10pm. There are a number of excursions that are only available on these sailings because they involve traveling a pretty good distance each way, like exploring caves on the mainland.

We have Cozumel Plus in October. We're in port from noon until 10pm. There are a number of excursions that are only available on these sailings because they involve traveling a pretty good distance each way, like exploring caves on the mainland.

Wow, that really is a Cozumel Plus cruise. I haven't seen a 10 hour port time before, also would be interesting to be there late at night. We had a late-night port in Curacao last year and it was really nice to go back out at night into the city. Enjoy!

I'm not sure, it might be a longer stay in port (as a OP stated above) we just did the Magic last March 18/25 and if memory serves me correctly it was a tendered stop. In fact, the last few trips to Cozumel we used a tender. My wife and I didn't get off the ship as we've visited there many times. Just stayed aboard and LOVED being on the ship, either poolside (my wife) or in my case walking around both below and topside seeing that beautiful ship. I'm not much of a 'pool and bake' person. Believe me, there are plenty of things to do onboard IMHO.

Mac

Grand Cayman is tender, Cozumel is not.

I have a Cozumel Plus cruise booked - 8 day on the Fantasy in April 2018. I just checked and the time in Cozumel is listed at 8:00 to 5:00 on it and the normal time for Fantasy in Cozumel is 8:00 to 4:00.