Miss Princess in Caribbean in the Summer Months...RCCL here we come!

DShock

We have been sad that the choices in the Caribbean during summer have been slim. It's pretty much the best time for us to cruise with school aged kids. Well, I just got done booking the Caribbean Princess for 2 weeks in 2018. We are really excited for the redone ship and the new Medallion Class offerings. Have been on Caribbean Princess 2 times and had few complaints. Our worst was the Grand Princess in Alaska a few years ago.

Me too! The problem is those pesty hurricanes and last minute reroutes. My sister in law worked for Princess for 20 years and she said that was one of the reasons for moving away. I boarded a cruise out of Los Angeles and Hurricane Nora got in the way and we saile north to San Francisco where I lived.

The celebrity equinox is in ft.lauderdale all this summer. Great ship. We are booked on back to back 21 days. Lots of specials around.

The Equinox is also sailing the Caribbean summer 2108. In fact, we chose her over Princess based on price and itinerary

~Brian

The celebrity equinox is in ft.lauderdale all this summer. Great ship. We are booked on back to back 21 days. Lots of specials around.

Checked this morning and a Celebrity Suite (what we were looking for) came available for both cruises (Aug 27, Sept 4). So seriously thinking of changing from b2b Oasis (Aug 27, Sept 3) to these two on Equinox (and 21 days!), mainly because of the great itineraries. My only hesitation is the balcony on Celebrity Suites. It's smaller with only one lounger as opposed to the huge balcony on Oasis (with two loungers). We live on the balconies so believe it or not this is a major factor for us. Just wondering if Celebrity is worth the extra cost (albeit for an additional 7 days) and smaller balcony? I saw where celebrity ships are highly rated in the "Best Overall" category.

We are loyal Princess people (Elite Members) but like to spend two weeks in the Summer sailing the Caribbean. Our favorite are cruises from San Juan. Just wondering how many people would choose to cruise the Caribbean (from any port) on Princess in the June-Sept time frame if it were available?

So...we are off to San Juan to board Adventure of the Seas in August for b2b's...BUT would much prefer to be boarding a Princess ship!!

Winter time for me!

We really like sailing out of San Juan as well, although it is sometimes a pain to get there (Delta can't connect luggage in Atlanta). Despite all the problems filling ships, other lines like Royal have multiple ships sailing out of the port and many lines have summer sailings in the Caribbean. So at least half of our cruises are now on other lines (Princess loss). Sailing B2B on Allure later this summer out of Fort Lauderdale.

Other advantage of Royal is they actually have steak always available. Last Princess cruise only had pot roast on one night, spare ribs on another, and nothing but the "grommet hamburger" on a third night. If you like scallops you are ok - Princess seems to have bought out the world supply and they are on almost all menus.

Adventure is a great ship and you will enjoy it. Feel is very similar to Island or Coral. They handle anytime dining reservations much better than Princess does. You do have to pay for booked excursions in advance (which Princess seems to be moving toward). No reservations for shows (tickets for ice show distributed on first day but standby works fine). Food similar, although buffet not open as many hours. We do miss the grill, though.