Azamara Experience in Labadee?

woodards

Has anyone got any experience or thoughts on what we can expect with Azamara in Labadee?

Sorry to post about a specific port on here, but I've searched for information and reviews, but hit a blank.

We have visited a number of times before on larger ships and as we will be the only ship in port, I wondered if activities such as the zip line would be available? These types of activities are not available to book online.

Also, what will the food and drink set up be like? We have never been a fan of the food in Labadee and tended to eat back on the ship. Is it any different with Azamara?

Thanks for any help.

We were there last year and had a great time, to be honest I was not too sure about Haiti and thought hmm do I want to go there? On arrival at the port the crew started offloading loads of food and drink and zipping around on golf carts. There was a sort of party atmosphere, food was served in the restaurant in the middle, self service BBQ and drinks were served by the crew.Some of the crew also joined in and one showed offf his skills a la "Film Cocktail" with cocktail shakers.

We had loungers on the beach but after seeing the huts for hire I wished we had splurged for one of these, they looked pretty cool especially the ones with steps directly into the sea. I don't know about the zip line but I am not sure if all activities were available for prebooking or were added later on board.

Have a great day.

Rosalyn

In 2009 we stopped in Labadee, before the pier was built - we had to tender ashore. It was the worst experience we've had a a cruise stop.

The food was cold. The only drinks available were fruity slushy concoctions. We had to pay beach attendants to get lounges and, then, if you turned your back, they took them away and you had to pay again to get them back. The craft vendors all sold the same things and were super aggressive.

All-in-all, we won't go back to Labadee.

Has anyone got any experience or thoughts on what we can expect with Azamara in Labadee?

Sorry to post about a specific port on here, but I've searched for information and reviews, but hit a blank.

We have visited a number of times before on larger ships and as we will be the only ship in port, I wondered if activities such as the zip line would be available? These types of activities are not available to book online.

Also, what will the food and drink set up be like? We have never been a fan of the food in Labadee and tended to eat back on the ship. Is it any different with Azamara?

Thanks for any help.

Sorry we haven't stopped in Labadee with Azamara but have just stopped there in April with RCCL.

The facilities were much improved from when stopped there only two years ago on Celebrity, the sunbeds were new, the BBQ was lovely, we got the free ferry across to the lovely beach there was lots of trees to provide shade it was my favourite day.

We booked an expensive trip to honeymoon beach on St Johns I much preferred Labadee. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app