Gluten free options on Norwegian Epic?

Helsch

Me and my family are going on a cruise with Norwegian Epic this June. My two daughters (9 and 12) have celiac disease. Does anyone have tips about where to eat and/or what to avoid? :) We have contacted NCL and told them about the gluten intolerance and they sent us medical forms to fill out and send back, which we have done.

Since you've contacted the Access Desk you'll be well taken care of. When you get to your cabin, there should be a short letter advising you whom to meet (it may be the maitre d' or assistant, but the letter will specify) and where to go to meet them. I met with the assistant maitre d' at Guest Services. They'll talk with you about what you need to do. I was GF on a cruise where I had the UDP, which means I ate in a specialty restaurant every night. I never had to pre-order my meals and the waiters were very knowledgeable about what I could and couldn't eat. There was always GF bread on the table for me. :) I've read that if you eat in the MDR, your girls will pre-order their meals the evening before, but I don't have experience with that so can't give you details. They have a separate area in the kitchens where their food will be prepared to prevent cross-contamination. I spent a wonderful week on the Jade without a single mishap. It was great!

Since you've contacted the Access Desk you'll be well taken care of. When you get to your cabin, there should be a short letter advising you whom to meet (it may be the maitre d' or assistant, but the letter will specify) and where to go to meet them. I met with the assistant maitre d' at Guest Services. They'll talk with you about what you need to do. I was GF on a cruise where I had the UDP, which means I ate in a specialty restaurant every night. I never had to pre-order my meals and the waiters were very knowledgeable about what I could and couldn't eat. There was always GF bread on the table for me. :) I've read that if you eat in the MDR, your girls will pre-order their meals the evening before, but I don't have experience with that so can't give you details. They have a separate area in the kitchens where their food will be prepared to prevent cross-contamination. I spent a wonderful week on the Jade without a single mishap. It was great!

Is the embankment day lunch before or after you get to your cabin?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Timing depends on when you board, of course. I tend to board late--around 2:00 or so and go straight to my cabin to drop off my carry-on luggage. If I boarded before cabins are open, I would do as mjkacmom said and eat in the MDR. The waiters should be able to help you and if you're not confident in their advice, you can as to speak with the maitre d' if he's available or an assistant maitre d'. It should be worry-free for you! I've found NCL to be really great about working with people with food allergies or Celiac.

This is exactly what we did and what happened for our adult daughter aboard the Jade last month .

She was very impressed with the choices that she had for every meal and how the Maitre'd met with her on the first afternoon , to explain all options and proceedures . [emoji4]

This is exactly what we did and what happened for our adult daughter aboard the Jade last month .

She was very impressed with the choices that she had for every meal and how the Maitre'd met with her on the first afternoon , to explain all options and proceedures . [emoji4]

Excellent!!!

Will be on Jade this November, I'm GF and DF. Already sent my info to my CC.

[emoji111]🏻[emoji111]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for your answer! It makes me feel confidant that we will have a fantastic trip! :hearteyes: All the best /Helena

Thank you so much for your answer! It makes me feel confidant that we will have a fantastic trip! :hearteyes: All the best /Helena

You're very welcome! I was so nervous before that cruise. I didn't want to spend any of feeling sick or any of the other things that happen. I was so happy that there wasn't a single incident! :D