RCI 7.95/room service chatge

luv4cruises

Live from Liberty of the Seas: Admittedly I have not been active on the boards recently. When I boarded last Sunday 5/14 I was shocked to learn that a 7.95/order room service charge had recently been implemented. While we don't use room service often it is most welcome when we need ii. It was one of the perks that made cruising special.

Now I fear that Celebrity, owned by RCI, will follow suit.

There have been so many cut backs in recent years. When will it stop? I miss brunchs, desert extravaganzas, midnight buffets, chocolates on the piillow, late night room service charges, some of the cutbacks I've noticed on the cruise lines I book.

Be heard if you don't want room service charges implemented on Celebrity,

Hope I didn't miss this discussion on Celebrity boards.

Live from Liberty of the Seas: Admittedly I have not been active on the boards recently. When I boarded last Sunday 5/14 I was shocked to learn that a 7.95/order room service charge had recently been implemented. While we don't use room service often it is most welcome when we need ii. It was one of the perks that made cruising special.

Now I fear that Celebrity, owned by RCI, will follow suit.

There have been so many cut backs in recent years. When will it stop? I miss brunchs, desert extravaganzas, midnight buffets, chocolates on the piillow, late night room service charges, some of the cutbacks I've noticed on the cruise lines I book.

Be heard if you don't want room service charges implemented on Celebrity,

Hope I didn't miss this discussion on Celebrity boards.

There has been (and still is) a lot of discussions on the RCI forum long before the 10 April 2017 implementation date of $7.95 for the RS charge. However for those that like the continental breakfast it is still complimentary.

Edited by davekathy

Celebrity does have a fee of $4.95 I believe but only from 11 pm to 6 am but if in a suite it doesn't apply (from what I've heard, don't sail in suites).
Royal Caribbean had a similar fee for late nights, before they changed to $7.95 for all except continental breakfast.

Celebrity does have a fee of $4.95 I believe but only from 11 pm to 6 am but if in a suite it doesn't apply (from what I've heard, don't sail in suites).

i always sail in a suite, and i always thought that there was an extra charge for room service, i never looked. but now that i'm going again in a few months i'm glad to know not a charge,