Room upgrade

EJ76

hi

I'm on brittania in a couple of weeks, booked a guaranteed inside cabin have now upgraded to a balcony, had my new cabin number today, not sure if I'm happy with the one they have allocated, it's G611 which is very low down on the ship, above a bar and Indian restaurant, anyone been on this deck with any opinions? And is it possible to say I'm not happy with room and want another?

Thanks in advance

If you booked your Guaranteed cabin on a Select Fare, then I think it might be worth a try contacting your TA to ask about alternatives.

I think if they have been upgraded from an inside to a balcony there are unlikely to be any alternatives. I would be delighted with such an upgrade.

I think if they have been upgraded from an inside to a balcony there are unlikely to be any alternatives. I would be delighted with such an upgrade.
Agree completely..... I didn't read it carefully enough and didn't spot what he had been upgraded from to the balcony. I too would be delighted!!!!

You're not sure if you're happy to be upgraded from a guarantee inside to a balcony, blimey some people are never satisfied :rolleyes:

No I booked inside, I've paid to be upgraded

I think if you have booked an Early Saver - as opposed to a late Saver - and you are not happy with your allocation, I think you might be able to move within what's available of course. It's worth talking to your TA .

If you are paying for your upgrade I would certainly see if you can change. However.... as you are going in a couple of weeks, here may not be a lot of choice left....

But Sindhu will not be a noisy location...quite the opposite, and will not be open late, and the bar is that attached to Sindhu. looking at the deck plan you seem to actually be above a corridor...I wouldnt worry personally, i think you should be fine

You're not sure if you're happy to be upgraded from a guarantee inside to a balcony, blimey some people are never satisfied :rolleyes:

No I booked inside, I've paid to be upgraded

If you are paying for your upgrade I would certainly see if you can change. However.... as you are going in a couple of weeks, here may not be a lot of choice left....

But Sindhu will not be a noisy location...quite the opposite, and will not be open late, and the bar is that attached to Sindhu. looking at the deck plan you seem to actually be above a corridor...I wouldnt worry personally, i think you should be fine

Thank you that's what I meant, bit dissapointed that the life boat is literally right outside the balcony

We have been on Brittania twice. Once in stern cabin on C deck and the other a balcony over the live lounge on G deck. I wouldn't hesitate to book G deck again as it is handy for everywhere. Can't comment on your view as we didn't have the lifeboat in front of us.

I assume you have checked the view you have ended up with by looking at the photos on the P&O website.

Regards John

No i havnt, was goingon an earlier post on this thread of the room opposite ours on the other side of the ship

No i havnt, was goingon an earlier post on this thread of the room opposite ours on the other side of the ship

How would I do that on p&o website, can you look at specific rooms ?

That's one heck of an upgrade. Surely a balcony cabin is far better than an inside cabin. Even if the view is restricted in some way that is far better than the complete absence of a view you would receive from an inside cabin. Normally once an upgrade has been given no changes can be made. But why would you want to change given that you have received a far more expensive cabin at no cost?

That's one heck of an upgrade. Surely a balcony cabin is far better than an inside cabin. Even if the view is restricted in some way that is far better than the complete absence of a view you would receive from an inside cabin. Normally once an upgrade has been given no changes can be made. But why would you want to change given that you have received a far more expensive cabin at no cost?

It wasn't at no cost, I have paid £360 to upgrade to a balcony, they only had obstructed view

It wasn't at no cost, I have paid £360 to upgrade to a balcony, they only had obstructed view

The assumption was made that you had received a complimentary upgrade as often occurs after booking a cruise. Whether you can change depends on whether you are on an Early Saver or Select Fare tariff. If the former you do not have the opportunity to select your cabin number. You should have been advised of this at the time of booking. It would certainly be worth discussing the situation with your travel agent.

How would I do that on p&o website, can you look at specific rooms ?

Not sure about Britannia but we went on the P and O website Faqs to see a photo of a cabin with a restricted view on Arcadia. If you can't find a photo , try Googling it. I would stay with the balcony upgrade.

Best wishes

Not sure about Britannia but we went on the P and O website Faqs to see a photo of a cabin with a restricted view on Arcadia. If you can't find a photo , try Googling it. I would stay with the balcony upgrade.

Best wishes

Thank you

When you get on the P&O website page it becomes clear that not many cabins have a relevant obstructed view photo. If your one is missing you need to look at identical sisters (in this obstructed view balconies anyway) which will be Royal Princess and Regal Princess. You must understand that the deck below Lido on Britannia is "A" Deck then B,C,D etc. as you descend whereas on Royal/Regal the deck below Lido is Marina, then Riviera, then "A" Deck so the letters of "Deck 8" are "G" Deck on Britannia and "Deck 8" on Royal/Regal are "E Deck" Princess call it Emerald Deck. So for Britannia whatever your G deck number is an E deck same number for the relevant photo. Scroll down the page and click on the correct number.

Britannia G503 is same as Royal/Regal E503 simple as that really

Where is says Royal and Regal ONLY it means not on Majestic Princess - Britannia is same as Royal/Regal (it is an American Princess site)

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Regards John

Edited by john watson