Does Carnival Still Have the Special Insulated Mug You Can Buy With Refills?

globe9

It's been a long while since I last cruised, but back then Carnival had this large(16oz or so) red insulated mug with their logo on it that you could buy with the unlimited soft drink card and the bartenders would fill that up. The mug was like $20 or something I think. I've been reading threads on the Bubble package and no one mentioned it, so I'm thinking they discontinued that.

We're considering the bottomless bubbles package, but I drink a lot of soda and would rather have it in a big cup instead of a ton of ice and about 8oz of actual soda. Seems like I'd be constantly waiting for a refill. Can I ask for no ice with the bottomless bubble package? Seems like I might get more product that way. I may also bring on a 12 pack, but the FTTF package is sold out for my cruise and I don't think I'd want to lug around a 12pk on deck until our room is ready.

Does anyone know how much a 12 pk costs in port and would I be allowed to purchase canned or bottled cokes in Belize or somewhere and bring back onto ship?

Since 2010 the refill travel cup with the Bottomless Bubbles or Cheers was not free but sold at a discount, like $6.95, on embarkation day only to those purchasing and to those that prepaid for either of the drink programs. The same cup can be bought at any bar any time during the cruise and it runs about $13.95. They have 4 colors now red, blue, white, and green. Other insulated bottles and travel cups are available in the on board shops at varying price points.

It's been a long while since I last cruised, but back then Carnival had this large(16oz or so) red insulated mug with their logo on it that you could buy with the unlimited soft drink card and the bartenders would fill that up. The mug was like $20 or something I think. I've been reading threads on the Bubble package and no one mentioned it, so I'm thinking they discontinued that.

We're considering the bottomless bubbles package, but I drink a lot of soda and would rather have it in a big cup instead of a ton of ice and about 8oz of actual soda. Seems like I'd be constantly waiting for a refill. Can I ask for no ice with the bottomless bubble package? Seems like I might get more product that way. I may also bring on a 12 pack, but the FTTF package is sold out for my cruise and I don't think I'd want to lug around a 12pk on deck until our room is ready.

Does anyone know how much a 12 pk costs in port and would I be allowed to purchase canned or bottled cokes in Belize or somewhere and bring back onto ship?

Sorry. No bottles allowed. Only cans. The average cost for a 12-pack is around $3.99 at most stores, but that may vary somewhat. Depending on the port, you may have to figure in the cost of a taxi (plus tip) to take you to a store to buy a 12-pack. On previous cruises, if I knew we wouldn't be able to easily get a 12-pack, I'd just pack my 16 oz. Tervis tumbler and some single packets of drink mix (Hawaiian Punch, Crystal Light, etc.). Then stop by the beverage station on the Lido deck, fill the tumbler with water and ice, and stir in one of the drink mixes.

You are allowed to carry on one 12 pk of pop per passenger when you originally board. You cannot carry on soda from the ports (Belize, Cozumel, etc). You can ask for no ice when they give you a soda on the bubbles program. The ship we were recently on, almost every single time they gave us a cup of ice and a can of pop each time. Some bartenders opened the pop and poured just a bit, most didn't open the can at all. I am sure that varies by ship/bartender. We had 3 on our cruise...one bought the bubbles pkg, 2 didn't. The 2 of us that didn't drank the 3 12 packs. 12 packs in New Orleans were 3.00 @ so for $9 we had more than enough pop for the two of us. We bought a sail away drink in a Tervis tumbler that said Red Frog Bar on it and used that as the cup for one of us...2 of us brought Yetis with us, so we didn't buy the $6.95 cup they offered.

The fat man recently posted a pic of the new cup. 30 oz stainless steel cup for $25.

The identical cup (minus the Carnival logo) can be purchased from Costco for 2/$15.