Obstructed View Concierge Cabins on Summit

BM64

We are considering booking a concierge guarantee on the Summit. I cannot tell tell from the deck plans if any of the CC have obstructed views . Thank you in advance for any info.

Our last cruise on the Infinity, we stayed in a concierge cabin. Ours was full view, but I noticed that the last cabin at the end of the row, had the window washing thingy that rolls along the outside of the ship. It was basically parked there and I'm thinking that was one of the obstructed view cabins. You do have to look past it to see your ocean view, but it's not like you'll have crane your neck or anything like that.

Our last cruise on the Infinity, we stayed in a concierge cabin. Ours was full view, but I noticed that the last cabin at the end of the row, had the window washing thingy that rolls along the outside of the ship. It was basically parked there and I'm thinking that was one of the obstructed view cabins. You do have to look past it to see your ocean view, but it's not like you'll have crane your neck or anything like that.

My first cruise on Celebrity, Infinity, 2 years ago was a Concierge guarantee. We were assigned 8048 as I recall. The furthest aft on the port side. There was an indication on the deck plans that seemed to say it had an obstructed view. I came here to CC, did a search for that cabin, found that it was obstructed by, as another has said, the window washer scaffolding. I searched farther, found a few exterior views of the washer thing. Called my agent, told him to do an exchange. We moved to 8054 further forward.

So, yes, you might get a partially obstructed view. But you may also have a chance to move to another cabin within the same category if your first assignment is not to your liking.

Stan

My first cruise on Celebrity, Infinity, 2 years ago was a Concierge guarantee. We were assigned 8048 as I recall. The furthest aft on the port side. There was an indication on the deck plans that seemed to say it had an obstructed view. I came here to CC, did a search for that cabin, found that it was obstructed by, as another has said, the window washer scaffolding. I searched farther, found a few exterior views of the washer thing. Called my agent, told him to do an exchange. We moved to 8054 further forward.

So, yes, you might get a partially obstructed view. But you may also have a chance to move to another cabin within the same category if your first assignment is not to your liking.

Stan

Hmmm...your numbers do not compute. Even number cabins are on Starboard side, and 8048 is forward of 8054. Window washing equipment is in that area, though. The furthest aft CC cabin on port side is 8177 (which I have stayed in...). EM

Hmmm...your numbers do not compute. Even number cabins are on Starboard side, and 8048 is forward of 8054. Window washing equipment is in that area, though. The furthest aft CC cabin on port side is 8177 (which I have stayed in...). EM

You are correct - I had that problem on the ship as well, keeping track of right from left, fore from aft. To restate:

I went back to the deck plan. On the Infinity 8046 is a Concierge Class, the furthest forward on the starboard side. With an extra large balcony. And frequently window washing frameworks parked there. Having booked a guarantee through a travel agent, we were assigned 8048. The next one aft. Still at least partially obstructed. We moved back toward the center of the ship, to 8054. From our balcony, when looking forward to see the view e.g. when coming into port we could still see the window washing equipment and it still obstructed our view directly forward, but not a big deal. Note that the AQ cabins on Deck 9 may have a bit more obstruction.

p2330687240-4.jpg

p2330687211-3.jpg

Primary points of information for the original poster are that some views are somewhat obstructed, you may be assigned such a cabin, and you may be able to move to another cabin within the same category.

Stan