Any time dining question

dis2cruise

hi right now we have 8:30 pm dining. How does anytime dining work, do I sign up online or do we need to speak to someone when we get on the ship?

It sounds like you have assigned dining second seating which means you have a table assigned to you in the MDR.

You can't use select dining if that is the case.

If you want select dining you should take care of that switch now, which would be easier.

Select dining is popular so I wouldn't wait to board and hope to make the change.

If you booked the cruise on your own, just call Celebrity and ask if you can change your dining to select. If you used a TA to book, they would have to call and do it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:D

hi right now we have 8:30 pm dining. How does anytime dining work, do I sign up online or do we need to speak to someone when we get on the ship?

Anytime dining on Celebrity is called Select dining and is in a dedicated section of the MDR. You can either make reservations for a particular time before hand or just show up and wait your turn for an open table. If you are sure you wish to switch from the traditional second seating to anytime, it would be best to call either your TA or Celebrity now and ask them to make the switch. After the switch, then if you wish you can make online reservations in advance for the time you wish on particular nights. Also it's one less thing to worry about at embarkation. And, if there are any waiting lists for the second seating (sometimes happens) your switch at this time will be helpful to other passengers. By the way, not sure if there is ever a waiting list for Select, but if there ever is, then it would make sense to ask for the switch now.

When we first cruised on Celebrity, we did early dining. However, after a few cruises and a couple of times we had either a nonfunctional table (only 4 persons of 12 showed up to dine) or people we could not stand at our table, we switched to Select Dining.

We love to meet people at the elite happy hour and then dine together in the MDR. We generally move to the MDR around 6:45 or even 7. We hardly ever have to wait for a table. If you wait until 7:30 you may have to wait longer. It depends nn the cruise and where most of the passengers are from. If you are on a European cruise, more Europeans eat late, as do South Americans. North Americans tend to eat earlier.

Ok, I just called celebrity I was placed on a waiting list...

Keeping our fingers crossed we get in!

Should we check in with the person in charge with that list to see where we are upon our arrival?

If you are not notified that you have been placed on selct dining, then when you board go direct to the MDR enterance. Ask them to make the switch for you then.