The Upsell Fairy Called!!!

This is absolutely correct.

Bc they may not have been able to afford a full price balcony, but this works out like a balcony at a discount.

I'm sorry you have such strict rules about when you're allowed to dance. That makes me sad for you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bc they may not have been able to afford a full price balcony, but this works out like a balcony at a discount.

The pricing quoted by threadstarter did not appear to be much of, if any, discount. The euphoria displayed as a result of a sales call is befuddling.

I'm happy for you OP, it's an offer I would have jumped on also! Some people wouldn't, and that's fine, but there's no reason to rain on the OP's parade by being so negative about the offer. Yes, it was an upsell offer. Take it or leave it. She chose to take it and I hope she enjoys her balcony as much as we always enjoy ours! I don't mind an inside room (or OV) for a 3-4 night cruise, but for a week or longer I really must have a balcony or I'd rather not cruise. Love, love, love having a balcony! We had an aft balcony on our Conquest cruise, and I'm hoping our next cruise we'll be able to have one again. To ME an aft is even better than a regular side balcony. But anyway, I can certainly understand your excitement, OP, have a wonderful cruise!! :)

The pricing quoted by threadstarter did not appear to be much of, if any, discount. The euphoria displayed as a result of a sales call is befuddling.

Lol! If $610 is not a discount to you then by all means I will accept your donation and use it on board my cruise this weekend [emoji23][emoji16]. It's called an "Up sell" fairy for a reason. I clearly understood I would be paying for something at a discount. I guess euphoria for you means always paying full price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would Not take it But thank you for the Donation.

This is great marketing by CCL upsell a room to someone already booked and than turn around and resell the cheaper room to someone who might have been on the fence about booking the cruise cause the better room is too much money. Now they see the cheaper room pop up and bang winner winner chicken dinner.

Yes exactly! Right after the phone call I went online to see the availability of interior cabins and the advertised price was exactly what I had paid for mine. $739. So I got a discount on a balcony and Carnival booked all the rooms. Win-win. It's an upsell fairy...not a freebie fairy lol.

Congrats!

Have only gotten 1 call and that was years ago. I always watch for 305 numbers though.

Have a great cruise!

If we are going out of Galveston would it still be the 305 area code?

It does happen folks. I just got an email to upgrade my inside to a ocean view for $30 total. And yes, I jumped on it! And I think if the OP is happy that's all that really matters.

It does happen folks. I just got an email to upgrade my inside to a ocean view for $30 total. And yes, I jumped on it! And I think if the OP is happy that's all that really matters.

Congrats and just ignore the jerks. It's hard on here sometimes....

Yes exactly! Right after the phone call I went online to see the availability of interior cabins and the advertised price was exactly what I had paid for mine. $739. So I got a discount on a balcony and Carnival booked all the rooms. Win-win. It's an upsell fairy...not a freebie fairy lol.

Good for you! Great attitude. Have a fantastic cruise and enjoy your balcony.

I wanna upgrade my balcony to a suite��. Wonder if I call a week before, they would cut me a deal.

When you call in, you will usually get whatever the advertised price is at that moment. So it pays to watch the price between final payment and the sail date. Every once in a while, you can find a great price on a better room. If you do, call immediately. As one Carnival rep told me, "We are always happy to take your money." Good luck.