private tours in FLL after cruise before late flight?

39august

Please, I need information about possible private tours after cruise in FLL. The ship tours sound OK but the one I am interested in says a minimum number needed for the tour to originate. I'd like a confirmed option. I know about the water taxi, but don't want to drag luggage around with us. Too old for that! Have read that the Everglades tour is too hot and uncomfortable for older folks. Suggestions please. This will be after a Dec. cruise on Silhoutte. Have a 3:40 PM flight.

You really won't have too much time since you should be at the airport at least an hour and a half early if you are checking luggage. The Everglades airboat tours in December shouldn't be too hot (average temp is in the high 70s) and since that is the beginning of the 'dry' season, you are more likely to see more wildlife than during the rainy season. With your departure time I would check into a ship's excursion, especially since the airboat tour seems to be very popular - they will hold your luggage in the bus and then drop you off at the airport. If you want to 'do-it-yourself' you will most likely need to rent a car and store your luggage in the trunk. Check out http://www.sunny.org for info on airboat tours and other Fort Lauderdale attractions; maybe some of the airboat tours could arrange pick up and drop off.

I agree with previous post. A ship's excursion may be a better option for your schedule and avoid too much baggage handling. We usually have a 5pm FLL flight and takes that option to make the most of waiting time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums