Restaurant bookings

Sunday golf

Yes, a high quality steak is just what that boy may need after a hard day's ride. Oh, and the Parker House rolls they serve there are dangerously additive. Sigh-- first the breadsticks, now this! It is torture.

Hi Chairsin, thanks for your insights.We also had a similar view to Techno regarding the Keller offerings. Maybe we will consider pre booking. We are open to giving a second chance especially when it comes to cuisine. By the way thanks for the news of Exec Chef Jez (I realise it is a different thread). I am very jealous you have Jez on your cruise.��

Edited by koalapanda

How far in advance can one reserve an outdoor table at the Colonnade? I assume we must wait until onboard.

Also, our first cold weather Seabourn cruise is this Fall. It will be a bit chilly for dining outside at night, are there heaters? And is dinner served on the Patio in cooler weather?

We were on Quest for Aug and the better part of September 2016. It was to our surprise that we had to book the Colonnade and the Patio Grill - previously unheard of for us, in either outlet.

We don't have a problem if it's for a larger group to make sure tables can be organised etc., but otherwise, it's extremely restricting. When you are on holidays it's nice to make an impromptu decision like "I'm too tired to move, let's just eat here and have an early night". Instead you have to tramp back to your room and dress for the MDR as it's the only remaining food option (other than room service).

The ability to dine casually, when and where you we want to, is not what we consider to be a luxury option.

Too funny! However in the case of the Parker House rolls the "additive" that makes them so dangerous (as is the case with the famous Seabourn breadsticks) is butter! Sent from my iPad using Forums

There's nothing wrong with butter. It's the sugar that is the killer!

We were on Encore last week and no bookings for the Patio Grill were required. However we didn't feel like repeating the experience. Last year on Odyssey we ate there a lot. On Encore the evening offering is reduced to starters, plus the dish of the day (usually a roast of some kind, Chicken, Duck, etc) or an alternative of fish. No Classics available anywhere except in the dining room or room service. Service was chaotic and people were standing around for ages before anyone noticed them - or came to serve. Other than the Colonnade where food was as excellent as ever and the TK Grill which we enjoyed, we found the eating options on Encore pretty dismal.