FLL to accommodations in Miami

mrsd2fan

Hello-

Since airfare out of Syracuse is sooooooo expensive, I'm looking at alternative options. Flying into FLL is cheaper, but I'm wondering if a cab ride to our place in Wynwood area would negate the savings..does anyone have any idea how much a cab ride would be? or are there alternative modes of transportation?

Well, as commonly recommended on this board, Uber would be approximately two thirds the cost of a taxi. Don't know if shuttles would go there, but if you contact a couple of the commonly recommended ones, they will tell you their price.

Or, you could do, as regularly discussed here, stay in Ft Lauderdale, and shuttle or Uber directly to the port on sailing day.

Using taxifarefinder dot com

estimated Fare

$68.46

Per Fort Lauderdale, FL ratesIncludes 15% tip.Compare with Uber and others

Cost with Traffic

$66.91

$75.28

D8toa2c45ZYEz6onPyG5TQ8SerHXJjAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

$68.46

Book a ride with BlacklaneFeature your dispatch number

Featured ListingsFare Informationupcaret.png

Trip Information

Trip is 23.2 mi, 36 mins

Notes

Approximate Breakdownupcaret.png

Initial Fare$2.50Add. Metered Fare$57.03Tip (15%)$8.93Estimated Taxi Fare$68.46

This should give you an idea when comparing to uber or lyft or a privately contracted service.

Hope this is helpful.

Using Uber Fare Estimator

• uberPOOL: $17-22 (~4 min away)
  • uberX: $28-37 (~4 min away)
  • uberXL: $57-75 (~5 min away)
  • LUX: $69-90 (~6 min away)
  • LUX SUV: $132-174 (~5 min away)
  • Just a note: I didn't take CruiserBruce's response to be hostile, he was just giving you an overview of possible choices without pin pointing what to expect in terms of cost.
  • The last time we flew into FLL we stayed in a hotel with a shuttle in FL and then the next morning we took a shuttle to the port and then the same shuttle picked us up at the port and took us to the airport the same day. I will have to look up the company and price, but they were very efficient and we had no problems. It was a shared shuttle, but I think we only shared with 2 other families. The shared shuttles were less $$ than a private.

One way rental car gives you lots of flexibility - if you rent from National, Alamo, Thrifty (and maybe Enterprise) you can return the car to the MIA airport and ride their free shuttle to POM.

We just did this in January with four people, and are doing it again in two weeks with ten people. I think the prices are going to depend on how many people you have and the size of the vehicle.

JAN 2017 - Arrived into FLL - 4 Adults and 4 lg. pieces of luggage. Checked for an UBER XL - Cost would be $72 from FLL to downtown Miami hotel. NO UBER XLs in the area. So we hopped in the taxi line and got into a taxi van. Total cost: $73. When we got into the van we got a notice that an UBER XL could be there in 20 minutes. No thanks, we were half way to miami by that time. :)

JUNE2017: We have 10 passengers arriving together and have booked Larry's Limo's for a total of $141.00 including taxes and tip. I think that's an amazing price, as we would need 3 taxi vans or UBERs & XLs to get us there if we did it that way.

If you only have two people, I'm sure UBER is probably the best bet, but once you start getting into bigger groups, and include luggage, then you have to look at all the options. We've found a Limo company to be the best price by far!!