Sold Out????

txclctr

So of course I've been doing mock bookings since I put in my upgrade bid to see what availability there is. Every category had, up until yesterday, a lot of cabins, numerous categories showed 15. Today, except for a few Haven rooms, EVERYTHING is sold out. How does that happen? My chances of getting an upgrade are wiped out!:(

Star/Jul 17/Venice

I sail next Sunday and they keep offering me the chance to upgrade...I'm in an H3 and there is only one H2, which has been sold out for quite a while. So I don't know why they keep offering it to me....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just because they do not show any for sale does not mean they are sold out. It means they are not taking any more bookings at this point. They might be sold out. They may be oversold in a few categories and they trying to get it all straightened out. Maybe they have some cabins in need or "repair" that they unsure of their availability. Maybe they need to...... something.

The folks that do the upgrades and work towards FILLING the ship have a complex puzzle to work out.

The ship may have reach passenger capacity but that does not mean that cabins are unavailable. Many cabins might have 3 or 4 guests in them and a large number of cabins may be empty. There is no way to tell from the publicly available website if the ship is truly sold out, and that there are no cabins available in a given category.

One thing OP should remember never book a cabin in anticipation of getting an upgrade. If you are not happy with your original cabin don't book it.

The ship may have reach passenger capacity but that does not mean that cabins are unavailable. Many cabins might have 3 or 4 guests in them and a large number of cabins may be empty. There is no way to tell from the publicly available website if the ship is truly sold out, and that there are no cabins available in a given category.

One thing OP should remember never book a cabin in anticipation of getting an upgrade. If you are not happy with your original cabin don't book it.

I just thought it was strange how one day there are so many cabins available and the next day all sold out.

I was very happy with my original cabin, and then they sent that damn uograde email and i haven't stopped dreaming. :cool:

I just thought it was strange how one day there are so many cabins available and the next day all sold out.

I was very happy with my original cabin, and then they sent that damn uograde email and i haven't stopped dreaming. :cool:

I had that happen once. I had been watching a one week cruise with a lot of availability and one day it was all sold out. I called and the cruise line decided to offer more cabins for the 2 week cruise on the same ship. I could not take the 2 week cruise, so I was out of luck. It was after final payment and we had to work out some logistics, so that is why I did not book immediately. I have learned from this to book as soon as possible. You never know what may happen.

This is what I know for a fact as I experienced this just a few days ago. I looked at the NCL website and the inside rooms were all sold out, every single one of them including guarantee. I went ahead and took a look at a different online travel site, they had inside rooms there that were available for purchase.

The same might be happening with the category that you are looking for.

So of course I've been doing mock bookings since I put in my upgrade bid to see what availability there is. Every category had, up until yesterday, a lot of cabins, numerous categories showed 15. Today, except for a few Haven rooms, EVERYTHING is sold out. How does that happen? My chances of getting an upgrade are wiped out!:(

Star/Jul 17/Venice

It could have to do with how many people are in the cabin. There may be cabins available for 2 people in a cabin but not 4 for instance. Some cabins hold 3 or 4 but there is still a certain number of those cabins that are allowed to book that many in a cabin. This could be the reason or who knows what else? Getting an upgrade is fun but I don't think I would bother checking just to guess whether I have a chance for the upgrade.