Are Non Alcohol Beverage Packages a Good Deal

Martin10

That's for the 2 of you right? We got it on our last cruise and it was $22 + tips per person per day so it would be about the same as yours. I think the drinks are like $4 to $6. Coffee and tea are free. I don't think we drink enough to make the package a "good deal" especially on excursion days. But it is easy because we don't have to "sign" for every drink.

If it's the $52/day for both, it's a good deal. The wife and I love the non-alcohol packages. Frozen drinks by the pool, in the shows, or at dinner, specialty (lattes, cappuccinos, etc-Royal Carib. ) and sodas/flavored waters(freestyle machines)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whatton cruise line are you on? Some non alcohol packages don't include speciality coffee or water. Soda are about $2.50 coke, 7 up. If you can get virgin drinks they are around $4 to $6. $52 for one person is outrageous. I think $22 is very expensive too. It all depends how many soft drinks you drink a day.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Included in your fare is : Ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice during breakfast. If you can get by with those things, and an occasional soda or specialty coffee, then you can buy those things as you go at a much lower cost than the package.

As first time cruisers that are non drinkers my wife and I are considering a non alcohol beverage package a good value? The cost is $52.00 a day. Any thoughts?

It depends on what non-alcoholic drinks are covered. Off hand, i would just opt for pay as you order drinks. May not be cost effective for me and my wife's consumption habits.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even if every available non-alcoholic beverage sold on the ship is included, you would likely have to consume 3 or 4 specialty coffees, 2 or more mocktails/shakes/smoothies, a bunch of water bottles, and a bladder-bursting amount of soda every single day to make it pay off. Judging by the price I am assuming you are on Royal Caribbean which I believe allows you to purchase a pro-rated plan later in the cruise. Just pay as you go for a least two full days so you have an idea if the package would be useful to you. Then decide if you want it for the balance of your cruise.